Chapter Nine: The Night After.

Logan leaned on his sisters head as they rode the bus back home. He was tired, and wanted to sleep. He was also still shaken up from the night before. Was that even real? Or just some fever dream? Either way, it scared the shit out of him.
"So about—" Aiden started, trying to talk about what happened with the Banner siblings for the millionth time.
"Aiden just—just stop. Please?" Logan asked tiredly. He wasn't really in the mood for anything right now. He wanted sleep.
"But—"
Ben put his hand on Aidens shoulder and Aiden sighed, stopping. Logan gave him a grateful smile. Ashlyn leaned her head on the window, lost in thought. Her head still aches from earlier, and she was in no mood to talk.
"Alrighty!" Mr. Thomas said, standing up. "We're here!"
As the students got off the bus, Aiden tapped on Ashlyn's shoulder.
"So about the—"
"Can you just—just stop. It was probably a dream Aiden. Just drop it. Please." Ashlyn snapped. She grabbed her brothers hand and pulled him towards Mike's Jeep. He was supposed to pick them up after the Field trip. The duo climbed in the Jeep, Logan in the backseat and Ashlyn in the front. Mike smiled at the two.
"So, how was the trip?" Mike asked enthusiastically.
Ashlyn and Logan shared a tired look.
"It was...okay." Logan said as Mike started to drive.
"Just ok? Come on, I'm sure it was much more fun then that." Mike said.
Ashlyn sighed. "It was just a little boring, dad."
"I'm sure it wasn't that boring," Mike said.
Logan sighed. "It's just....Um—"
"We're just tired is all," Ashlyn said, shooting her brother a look.
"I bet. Eight hours of driving isn't exactly fun." Mike said, finding his children's behavior a little odd. They got home, and Ashlyn immediately went to her room and flopped on her bed. God—what was even happening? Everything felt so surreal. Was that a dream or not? Was it real? Thinking about it gave her a headache. She closed her eyes, just trying to get sleep.

Ashlyn didn't even notice that she fell asleep. She yawned as she opened her eyes, she was woken up by screaming. Screaming, who the hell was screaming this late?
"AAAA!" Logan screamed from his room.
Ashlyn closed her eyes again. It was just Logan. Logan was screaming. Wait. Logan was screaming?! Ashlyn shot out of bed and ran down the hall to her brothers room.
"Logan?!" Ashlyn yelled.
"Ashy!" Logan cried, running into his sisters arms. He looked petrified, blue eyes wide and full of tears, and he trembled as he clung to Ashlyn tightly.
"WHAT HAPPE—end?" Ashlyn paled as she looked out Logan's window. The monster from last night, was scratching and banging at Logan's window, trying to get in. The sky was red again and the moon full. It was happening again. Ashlyn slammed Logan's door shut.
"My room. My room now!" Ashlyn yelled at her brother. Logan nodded and ran to Ashlyn's room, Ashlyn close behind. Ashlyn slammed her room door shut and locked it. Logan trembled.
"W-Where's mom and dad?" Logan asked in a shaky voice.
Ashlyn looked panicked. "I-I don't know. I think it's the same situation as last night."
Logan paled. "W-what do we do?"
"Stay away from the doors and windows. Draw my curtains—we need to hide in here."
Logan nodded and drew Ashlyn's curtains shut. Ashlyn sighed and pushed the night side table in front of the door. She looked over at her brother, who had curled up into a little ball on Ashlyn's bed, flinching every time he so much as heard a tap. He was crying. Ashlyn sighed.

Shit. She wasn't good with emotions—and it didn't help that her brother was a bit of a crybaby. She loved him to death, obviously—but he was a crybaby. Ashlyn put her hand on Logan's shoulder.
"Um...it's uh. It's gonna be ok, Logan. I won't let anything happen to you."
She meant what she said, but she was really bad at getting her message across. God, her brother was so scared. She could hear his teeth clattering as he trembled. There was a banging on the window again and the siblings flinched.
"W-why is this happening?" Logan asked, looking up at his big sister. God, Ashlyn felt nothing but sympathy for her brother right now. He looked so small, like a scared little kid. It reminded her of when they had first met each other, he was shaking like a damn leaf.

"I don't know..." Ashlyn said, rubbing Logan's back.
Logan sniffled. "I'm really s-scared Ashy.."
"I know. Let's just look around my room for something to protect ourselves with,"
"Don't you have those shoes with the knives that mom made for you?"
"I doubt they would be much use right now if I don't know how to fight properly. Check my night side drawer, I think I left the pocket knife dad gave me in there."
Logan nodded and pulled out the knife, immediately handing it to Ashlyn because he was scared to cut himself. Ashlyn set a timer on her phone.
"Alright. Let the waiting game begin."

"Ugh....Ash..? Logs..? WHAT THE—?!" Mike yelled as he saw Ashlyn and Logan, both of them throwing up in the bathroom. Ashlyn in the toilet and Logan in the shower. Emma came barling down the hallway.
"What happened?! Are they ok?!" Emma asked frantically, holding her daughters hair back.
Ashlyn winced. "Loud..."
Logan whined, his head was killing him. Mike held back his hair and he mumbled gratefully. Ashlyn and Logan gave each other a knowing look.

This wasn't just a dream.