Gtk

Gtk- get to know

I smoothed down the folds of my sparkly black  dress, trying to ignore the flicker of nerves dancing in my stomach. Across from me, Jude's eyes twinkled in the dim candlelight of the enchanting restaurant. The ambiance wrapped around us like a warm embrace, casting a spell of romance over the evening.

"So, Jasmine," Jude said, his voice a gentle melody that danced in the air. "Tell me more about yourself. What's your favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon?"

I smiled, feeling a flutter of excitement in my chest. "I love to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea," I replied, my gaze meeting his. "How about you?"

Jude's lips curved into a smile. "I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie," he confessed. "I love trying out new outdoor activities like rock climbing or hiking."

As we chatted, the memories of Jadon faded into the background, replaced by the easy banter and laughter shared between Jude and me. But every now and then, a stray thought would drift back to Jadon, reminding me of the way his hands felt around my waist less than 5 hours ago.

But I couldn't allow myself to dwell on those feelings. After all, Jadon was my older brother's best friend – off-limits in every sense of the word. I pushed the memories aside, focusing instead on the handsome boy sitting across from me, his smile lighting up the room.

As the evening wore on, our conversation flowed effortlessly, each word drawing us closer together. But amidst the laughter and the gentle touches, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing, a piece of me was kind of imagining that it was him sat across from me instead of Jude.

Suddenly, a memory flashed before my eyes – a moment shared with Jadon in my kitchen, his playful grin sending shivers down my spine.

"Remember that time we tried to bake cookies and ended up with a burnt mess?" Jadon's voice echoed in my mind, his laughter filling the room.

I smiled, the memory warming my heart. "How could I forget?" I replied, my voice soft. "You were the one who distracted me with your terrible dance moves."

Jadon grinned, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Hey, those dance moves were top-notch," he teased, reaching out to brush a strand of hair from my face.

In that moment, the air crackled with tension, the space between us charged with an unspoken desire. But before anything more could happen, the sound of footsteps in the hallway broke the spell, pulling us back to reality.

As the memory faded, I found myself back in the present moment, sitting across from Jude with a bittersweet ache in my heart. I couldn't deny the connection I felt with him, but deep down, I knew that my heart still belonged to Jadon – my brother's best friend, the boy who had captured my heart long ago.

But for now, I had to focus on the present, on the handsome boy sitting across from me, whose laughter filled the air like music.

As Jude drove me home, the conversation flowed effortlessly between us. We talked about our dreams, our aspirations, and where we'd love to go on holiday someday. Jude shared his fascination with exotic beaches, while I confessed my desire to explore the streets of Paris.

"Paris sounds amazing," Jude said, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower up close."

I smiled, feeling a spark of mischief ignite within me. "It's even more breathtaking when you're there with someone special," I replied, shooting him a playful glance.