Chapter 9 consoling Scootaloo

" alright I'm ready." Spitfire says as she walked over to stormy flare " what was that about honey ?" Stormy flare asks " nothing" spitfire replies as they watch as Scootaloo dashed out of the arena and back towards the palace. " hey Scootaloo you ready to pick up where we left off last night?" Twilight asks " you can cancel the search." Scootaloo says as she gallops up the stairs in tears " what was that about ?" Twilight asks as rainbow dash walks in " I'll tell you in a minute I'm going to go check on scootaloo." Rainbow dash replies as she trots up the stairs. She knocks on Scootaloo's door " come in" Scootaloo's voice says. Rainbow dash opens the door and sits down on the bed. Scootaloo wraps her arms around rainbow dash and says in a tiny voice " why?" She asks tears streaming down her face " I don't know Scootaloo. I really don't " Rainbow dash replies quietly. " As much as I appreciate this rainbow dash I was wondering if I could just be alone for awhile?" Scootaloo asks " sure scoot just come down when you're ready there is no rush." Rainbow Dash says as she gets up " thanks" Scootaloo replies as rainbow dash closes the door. She heads down stairs where the rest of the group is waiting for her. " what's going on with Scootaloo " twilight asks worry clear on her face " let's just say she had her first interaction with spitfire." Rainbow Dash says with a grimace " did it go well?" Sweetie belle asks " unfortunately not sweetie belle " rainbow dash says " she said that she didn't want me to come anywhere near her or her family." Scootaloo says as she walked down the stairs her eyes red from crying. She and the rest of the group settle down and Scootaloo says " so I was sitting with spitfire's mother and when practice ended spitfire told her mom that she would catch up with her in a minute and she whirled around and told me look kid I know I'm your mother but I want nothing to do with you so stay away from me and my family do you hear me." Scootaloo says with tears in her eyes. " wow I did not see that one comin did you sweetie belle?" Apple bloom asks " no I didn't apple bloom." Sweetie belle responds with a nod. " I'm so sorry sugar cube." Apple Jack says. " so then what do we do now?" Spike asks from his position on the couch. " nothing really. " scootaloo says with a shrug.  " so are you going to be at the show tomorrow to cheer me on scoot?" Rainbow Dash asks " I think it may be better if I stayed behind I don't want to make spitfire madder than she already is. I also don't want her anger to affect your placement on the Wonderbolts" Scootaloo explained " that is very sweet of you darling." Rarity says just then there was a knock on the door.