Partners

Turns out the wolves hadn't exactly left town like they were told to. In fact, Stevie had even managed to track down Tyler... pretended to apologize on behalf of Brady for letting things get so out of control.

Their numbers had taken a hit thanks to the fight with Damon and Stefan, they had lost a lot of wolves from their pact, so they decided to try and do what they could to convince Tyler to join them even if that meant acting apologetic for hurting those vampire bitches he hangs around with.

Tyler still reeling from Damon's admission and not knowing who to trust anymore ended up sitting down with Stevie. He didn't agree to join them or even say he forgave them for what they put Caroline and Rose through but Stevie got enough intel from him during their chat to make it worth his while.

When he got back to their camp Stevie let Brady know that Tyler had let something slip about a moonstone. It didn't take him much to put the rest together himself he was already suspicious the vampires had an old one and a witch working with them this just sealed the deal.

"It's the sun and moon curse, it has to be," he tells Brady.

"Mason was asking me all kinds of questions about it back when he was trying to keep him and Kathy on the down low. Stuff about if it could be broken, and when that evil man-witch showed up last night, double-click. Witches, vampires, moonstone... they're putting everything in place to break the curse," he explains.

Brady nods, "We can't let them do that, even if we have to kill every last vampire in this town," he says sounding a little too eager.

Truthfully after finding out Jules was dead he was looking for any excuse to start a war again with these vampires but they had lost too many to risk it so soon after last night. But this... this he could use to rile his men up enough to take action sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile, Damon had convinced Rose to accompany him to the Historical Tea party thing the Mayor was throwing. He wanted to see if he was right and Elijah Smith was really Elijah Mikaelson.

He bought her a new dress as she had only bought herself more everyday clothes on her recent shopping excursion. 

She was touched he had gone out of his way to buy her something.

"Why are you being so sweet?" she asked a little suspicious when he handed her the shopping bag with his gift inside.

"What are you talking about, I'm always sweet... to you anyway," he says.

"Really? I seem to remember a sore neck that would beg to differ," she reminds him.

"Ugh, how long are you gonna hold that over my head? What happened to a night of me being your personal bartender wiping the slate?" he asks.

"Our night was interrupted, you never finished your penance," she points out.

"You know you are really ruining the moment," he says.

"The moment? What moment?" she asks.

"Open your present and see," he tells her.

She looks a bit dubious but reaches into the bag and pulls out a box containing a sweet baby blue dress perfect for an afternoon tea at the Mayor's mansion wrapped in light pink tissue paper.

"Damon, it's beautiful, thank you... I, no one's ever gotten me a gift like this before," she tells him genuinely touched and now feeling a little guilty she was giving him a hard time just a few seconds ago.

"There's one more thing," he tells her coming to kneel down in front of her before presenting a small red Cartier box with the classic gold inlaid design along its border.