Chapter 6: Words Left Unsaid

Miguel's P.O.V

Ever since Matthew changed rooms so he was now living with Ethan we have gotten closer. Sort of. I only say that because whenever I'm not doing anything and wanted to go off campus he was the one I would text to find out if there was a party. And always his response was a yes so I would drive with him.

Occasionally I would hang out with Andi, Maxx, and Logann since Gloria was always with Avery and that led me to the conclusion that the two of them had made up. Julio on the other hand I had no clue where he could be but that was until I saw him and Ethan both leaving campus together and that's when it hit me.

Then there was Josh. A guy that I never thought would want to be with me. But there was a thought in my mind that I tried to forget.

"And for the record," Joshua added. "We're nothing more than friends."

Although we hadn't said the words, specifically that we wanted to be together, there was always another thought in my mind that one day he would ask me to be his boyfriend. I got a text from Matthew as I was nearing my dorm room.

Matthew: There's a frat party at Ricky's house tonight. Want to come with me?

I unlocked my phone so that I could reply back.

Me: Sure, send the address again.

Matthew: <Address>

Matthew: Need a ride?

Me: Yeah

Matthew: Okay

I turned off my phone so that I could unlock the door to my room. Once I was inside I closed and locked the door behind me before I went to my bedroom. Julio still isn't back which I wasn't too worried about since I already knew where he was. I was planning on taking a shower but when I heard a knock on the door I went to see who it was.

At first, I thought it was Julio but he has a key. Could it be Matthew coming to pick me up already? I opened the door and couldn't stop myself from grinning when I saw Joshua leaning on the door frame.

"Hey Josh," I said subtly. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" he asked and it didn't bother me that he didn't answer my question.

"Sure," I said, stepping to the side so he could join me inside my dorm room.

When he was inside I closed my door and then turned to face him in the kitchen. I hesitated to join him but once I did I leaned against the counter opposite from him. The two of us were staring into each other's eyes long enough for me to feel my heart start to speed up.

There was something about Joshua that made me nervous but one thing I knew for sure was the way he looked at me. Almost like he really wanted me as much as I wanted him.

"Come here," Josh said in a low tone and instantly I stepped closer to him, just enough for him to reach his hands out to grab my wrist.

He pulled me against his body and then gently pressed our lips together while he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt myself beginning to melt into his touch but once his hands slipped under my shirt that's when I slightly pushed myself away from him.

"Wait," I said softly.

"What?" he questioned with a frown.

"You know how we get," I said. "And I still need to take a shower."

"So do I," Josh said with a grin.

"A real shower, Josh," I chuckled, then stepped out of his arms.