Chapter 22: Together All Over Again

Julio's P.O.V

~Summer Before Junior Year~

I was sitting in my room scrolling through Instagram to look at what Gloria and Miguel were up to during their summer break. The house was quiet besides the sound of my dad playing music in the kitchen that he was most likely dancing to with my mom. All of my other siblings, María, Javier, Max, and Diego, were all off doing their own thing in their ways, too busy to come back home for the summer. Max and Diego are the twins so their excuse not to come back was only because they were in the military. María was the oldest out of all of us and she was in college. Then there was Javier who had been dating his girlfriend, Kody, since freshman year but the two of them ran away to Texas.

"Knock knock," a soft female voice spoke in the doorway of my bedroom.

And of course, how could I forget my favorite sister, Taylor, who has only two more weeks to spend with me and our parents before she leaves for college?

"Hey Tee," I said with a smile as I turned off my phone once she sat down on my bed.

"What are you up to?" she questioned me while she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

I shook my head. "Just looking through my Instagram feed as always," I replied. "Why? ¿Qué pasa? (What's up?)"

"We should go shopping before the break is over," she said with a smile.

"Do you have shopping money?" I questioned her with a raised eyebrow.

"Por supuesto que tengo dinero para comprar (Of course I have shopping money)," she chuckled. "Why would I invite you out if I didn't."

The two of us shared a laugh which was normal for us, considering we were the closest out of the rest of our siblings.

"So are you in?"

"Sure. Why not."

"Yay!" she exclaimed then jumped up. "Escoge un buen atuendo porque no vamos a ir a cualquier centro comercial a comprar ropa. (Pick out a good outfit because we're not just going to any mall to shop for clothes.)"

"Every outfit I wear is mall-worthy, Tee," I said, standing up as well.

"Yeah, yeah," she waved off. "Meet me downstairs."

I nodded then watched her leave my bedroom and once she closed my door that was when I made my way to my closet. I picked out my everyday outfit that I would casually throw on which was a pair of black distressed jeans and a flannel that I would usually wear to a beach. I grabbed my white forces then slipped them on and after grabbing my phone, I headed downstairs.

The sound of "Lo Que Pasó, Pasó" by Daddy Yankee was playing once I reached the kitchen where our mom and dad were dancing. As expected.

"Oh, por fin sales de tu habitación, hijo (Oh finally you leave your room, son)," our dad commented which got my mom to let out a laugh.

"Yeah well take it in because this is the last time you will see him," Taylor stated then stood up from her seat on the barstool that was by the island.

"¿A dónde van ustedes dos? (Where are you two going?)" our mom questioned us, stepping out of dad's arms but he continued dancing by himself.

"Compras para la vuelta al cole (Back to school shopping)," Taylor replied, linking her arm with mine,

"Te dije que te iba a llevar, Lio (I told you I was going to take you, Lio)," our mom said with a pout.

"Conozco a mamá, pero este es el último verano que puedo pasar con Taylor antes de que se vaya a la universidad (I know mom but this is the last summer that I get to spend with Taylor before she leaves for college)," I stated which was true. I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could.