𝐤𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧 - 𝟎𝟖

ka • lon

possessing a beauty that is more than skin deep

" she was so different compared to them, maybe her fame didn't change her at all. "

ꨄ︎

"We want you to come sing on stage with us at our next performance."

Velvet proposed as she sat on her chair with a bored expression. "Huh-" Never more confused in your life, you stood there with you mouth open. "Close your mouth sweetheart, it's wide open." Veneer commented while scrolling on his phone.

  Surely they were joking, right? You searched for the right words to say, not sure of how to respond.

"You'll only be singing one song, one from your upcoming album maybe?" The suggestion was a good one, hard to say no to in fact. Biting your lip, you made your decision; you were going to sing at their concert.

"I'll do it." You smiled at them, trying your best to hide the waves of anxiety hitting you. "Great! The event is erm well sorry for the short notice," Veneer paused looking at his sister for back up. "It's in four days." She finished the sentence for him.
Four days? That's so soon! You thought, already thinking of your action plan. "So uh, are there like any practice times?"

  Giggling at your question, Velvet piped up. "Of course there is silly, we can go today after me and Veneer are done with a meeting at the stadium." Nodding your head in acceptance to the invitation of practice, you scurried off to find all your song shit you had everywhere in your room.

"Ahem..." Right right, you turned around and slid back to the twins on the marble floor. "Thank you thank you thank you!!" You said in a cheery tone, hugging each one of them. Velvet was sitting down so you opted to hug her from behind the couch. In response, she lightly grabbed your wrists to show her affection. Veneer on the other hand was standing and you accidentally slid into him. "Woah there little star, careful now." Giggling at your tactics, your wrapped your arms around his chest with one hand one your back and the other ruffling your hair.

  Laughing at your excitement, Velvet shooed you away to go gather your things. "Now get going cutie, we're leaving in 20."

ꨄ︎

  Counting the minutes till your departure, you gathered all your songs notes and lyrics for the band. After going back and forth for a while, you decided to sing tolerate it. Sure, your style of music was the complete opposite style and genre and music then the twins, but hey, maybe the crowd will like it?

  Shoving the notes into a backpack, you slipped your shoes on and headed downstairs. Velvet and Veneer were already waiting for you in the foyer, they looked like they were having a serious conversation.

"You think she'll find out?"

"No, I have a plan for that just-"

  Their hushed voices were cut off when a welcoming, "Hi guys!" Was giggled from your mouth. You swore you saw the, visible relax at the sight of you, but you shrugged it off.

"You look like your going to school-" Came the judgemental voice of Velvet. Walking over to you, she inspected your bag; clearly disgusted at probably the whole damn bag.