prologue: mail [W.I.P.]

[proofreading needed]

In a small cottage in a quant little farming village two people were eating dinner at their table. A mother and her daughter. A small fireplace illuminated the small room, revealing the third empty chair of the father who was out, beginning the night shift of his job as a guard of the village early.

The only sounds that could be heard where sounds of the fireplace crackling and of cutlery sometimes hitting a plate while trying to cut the food ontop of it. The mother and daughter were content with the silence that the current absence of the father brought.

The father took his night shift as one of the Night Watch of the village early. He did so cause noticed the recent rise in the amount of monsters spotted close to the village and wanted to investigate it.

That left the mother and daughter alone... until a knock on the door.

"Who would be visiting at such odd hours?" the mother asked rhetorically while glancing at the clock that indicated that it was late in the evening. She then looked at her daughter and asked, "Dreidra, could you open the door?"

Dreidra complied and stood up from her chair. She went to the door to open it after she put her plate into the sink.

Behind the door she saw... No one. Looking around she found a large box with her name on it.

"Mom! There's package at the door! It is very large!" Dreidra yelled.

"your father always said that about his," her mother offhandedly remarked.
Dreidra gave her mother a slight judgemental stare before correcting her. her mother gained a slight blush before telling Dreidra to put the crate inside for now so that she could open it tomorrow since it was late.

Dreidra complied and did so. the mother daughter duo finished up for the day and went upstairs after putting out the fire hazard that was the fireplace. The houses of the village are very flamable and they didn't want to wake up in the morning with fire surrounding them.

The living room became silent as they left.

Until a rumble came from the crate 2 hours later.
a side of the crate experienced a great force from the inside until it came loose.

a yellow arm pushed the wooden plank aside, revealing a glowing yellow eye.

-To be continued-

A/n: i'm rewriting this story to hopefully make it less cringe although I doubt I will be able to do that.also please point out grammar mistakes in the future, thank you.

Word count: 413