beautiful

in the hushed darkness of your living room, you slept soundly on the couch, the soft glow of the streetlamp outside casting a gentle light on your peaceful slumber

in the hushed darkness of your living room, you slept soundly on the couch, the soft glow of the streetlamp outside casting a gentle light on your peaceful slumber. the rhythmic hum of the city outside provided a comforting backdrop to your dreams.

suddenly, a relentless pounding echoed through the silence, a rude awakening to the tranquility of the night. jolting upright, your heart raced as you stumbled towards the source of the disturbance.

with a swift swing, you flung the door open, expecting an urgent visitor or perhaps a misplaced delivery. what you didn't expect was gene, his towering frame filling the doorway, his face inches from yours.

"surprise!" he boomed, his signature voice reverberating through the quiet space. the abrupt appearance of the band, all in their makeup and boots, but out of costume, left you wide-eyed and disoriented.

"what the... why are you guys here so late?" you managed to stammer, your eyes adjusting to the sudden intrusion.

no one offered a straightforward answer. instead, they breezed past you, the air filled with their chatter and laughter.

dragging you from your half-asleep stupor, gene's booming voice interrupted your thoughts. "let's see what dvds you got." he declared, already rifling through your collection. "go get us some snacks!"

the living room was soon abuzz with the chaotic energy of a group of friends raiding each other's entertainment stash. they debated movie choices, laughed at some titles, and even teased each other about their preferences.

rubbing your eyes in a futile attempt to ward off the exhaustion that threatened to consume you, you trudged into the kitchen. the uninvited guests sprawled across your living room seemed oblivious to your fatigue, their laughter echoing through the hallway.

gene's earlier exclamation still hung in the air as you entered the kitchen. "go get us some snacks!" he'd said, as if it were the most natural request to make at this ungodly hour. with a resigned sigh, you began rummaging through your pantry, the shelves stocked with a random assortment of snacks and canned goods.

your tired hands fumbled, sending a can of chips crashing to the floor with a resounding clang. "damn it," you muttered under your breath, bending down to retrieve it. the exhaustion weighed on you, each small mishap amplifying your frustration. why tonight? why now?

meanwhile, the cacophony from the living room continued unabated. gene, paul, and eric seemed engrossed in some discussion, while ace lounged on the floor, seemingly lost in his own world.

finally, after what felt like an eternity, you managed to gather an assortment of snacks: chips, dip, and a few sodas. balancing them precariously in your arms, you made your way back to the living room, half-expecting the scene before you to have been a strange dream.

but no, there they were. gene caught your eye as you entered, a smirk playing on his lips. "what took you so long?" he teased, clearly amused by the situation.