resilience

it was a crisp morning, the kind that left traces of dew on the grass

it was a crisp morning, the kind that left traces of dew on the grass. the apartment stood in silent repose.

the sun's rays filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the room. you awoke to the gentle hum of city life outside, your senses gradually returning to the present. ace was gone, probably already awake.

as you carefully free yourself from the bed's embrace, you notice a note on the bedside table. it was a scrawl from ace, simple and sweet: "morning, my special lady. you looked so peaceful, didn't wanna wake you. breakfast in the kitchen when you're ready. love, ace."

you smiled, feeling a mix of gratitude and contentment. 

in the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted you. ace, already in the kitchen, turned to offer a warm smile. "morning, sleepyhead. how'd you sleep?"

"like a baby," you replied, returning his smile.

as you settled into breakfast, the door creaked open, revealing gene, paul, and eric . they greeted you both, their expressions a blend of concern and relief. gene, ever the outspoken one, was the first to speak.

"mornin', lovebirds. we were worried about you, especially after that little little incident," he said, raising an eyebrow.

ace offered a soft chuckle at gene's comment and gave him a playful punch to the shoulder.

"she's fine," ace said in your defense, trying to reassure everyone. "a little too much to drink, that's all."

gene's expression remained skeptical, but he let the matter drop. "let's just say she learned her lesson, alright?" ace added, his tone leaving little room for further questioning. 

paul chimed in, his tone softer. "well, glad to see you're back on your feet, y/n."

you thanked them for their concern, appreciating the genuine camaraderie. eric, with his infectious energy, broke the tension with a grin.

"well, now that everyone's in one piece, what's the plan for today?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

ace looked at you, silently seeking your input. "how about a day off? just a day for us, i'm fuckin' tired." he suggested.

the idea of a carefree day appealed to everyone. 

"well, what exactly do you have in mind?" gene asked, his tone skeptical but not entirely dismissive.

ace glanced out the window, noting the overcast sky. "you know," he mused, "this gloomy weather actually looks kind of aesthetic. what if we just wander around, see where the day takes us?"

your eyes lit up at the suggestion, captivated by the idea of a spontaneous adventure. "i love that idea," you chimed in, a hint of excitement in your voice.

eric, too nodded enthusiastically. "count me in."

paul raised an eyebrow, intrigued yet cautious. "wandering around? that's a bold move, especially for us."

"let's just... wing it," ace replied nonchalantly, his voice oozing a laidback ease. "we don't need a plan," he added, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"just, you know, get lost in the streets."

paul shook his head with a smirk, "alright, spaceman, lead the way."

with a collective agreement settling in, you all cleared the breakfast table, grabbed your jackets, and headed towards the door. as you stepped out, a fresh breeze hit your face, the air scented with nature's fragrance: trees, flowering bushes, and fresh soil. the faint smell of autumn leaves filled the air, while gentle rays of daylight filtered through the clouds, casting a warm glow across everything. ace took your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours.