unraveled

you never thought you'd be the one drowning your sorrows this way

you never thought you'd be the one drowning your sorrows this way. tonight was different—usually, you'd be in the crowd, the familiar blare of guitars and cheers from the audience filling your ears. but not tonight. tonight, you were backstage, a bottle of vodka in hand instead of the excitement of a performance.

you took another swig, the burn of the alcohol trickling down your throat and settling in your stomach. every gulp was supposed to numb the sting of the groupies' words, their hate from them had really gotten to you, gnawing away at your confidence.

instead of the adrenaline rush of the concert, you felt a numbing haze cloud your senses. the cheers of the crowd felt distant, replaced by the bitter taste of vodka and the harsh reality of your insecurities. you glanced at the mirror, seeing a distorted reflection staring back at you. the face that usually radiated with confidence now looked vulnerable, lost in a sea of doubt.

your fingers tightened around the bottle, its cold surface a stark contrast to the warmth spreading through you. with each sip, you tried to drown out the doubts that plagued your mind, the feeling that maybe, just maybe, ace didn't truly love you. the thought was like a knife twisting deeper with every passing second.

the weight of emotions, coupled with the numbing effects of the alcohol, became too much to bear. your vision blurred, and the edges of your consciousness frayed as you stumbled backstage.

you barely registered the cold, hard surface beneath you as you collapsed onto the dressing table, a cascade of bottles and makeup kits bearing witness to your descent into oblivion. the stench of alcohol clung to your clothes, a pungent reminder of the choices that led you down this path.

unbeknownst to you, the door creaked open, and the familiar footsteps of kiss members echoed through the room. the atmosphere grew tense as the four entered, their faces etched with a mixture of confusion and concern.

eric leaned in, shaking you gently at first, then with increasing urgency.

no response.

your hand weakly pushed him away, a feeble attempt to escape the intrusion into your unconscious state. ace and paul exchanged worried glances, their faces etched with concern. "what happened?" ace's voice trembled with a mix of confusion and alarm.

paul shook his head, his eyes narrowing as he took in the scene. "she reeks of alcohol," he muttered.

gene, ever the pragmatist, approached you with a stern expression. he grabbed your shoulders, shaking you with a force that left everyone taken aback. "hey! wake up!" he barked, his patience wearing thin.

but still, you remained unresponsive.

"should we call someone?" gene said, giving up, putting his pants on his hips and turning to the guys.

hust as he finished the sentence, your eyes shot open. you sat up abruptly, disoriented and bewildered. the faces of kiss stared back at you, a tableau of concern and relief.