season three x episode eighteen

━"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 getting into a lot of trouble lately, Ollie. Since your transfer and stuff," my father says softly before looking into my eyes. "You almost died, but I somehow have to come to terms with that."

I shamefully look down at my french toast covered in syrup. Suddenly, it's the only thing I can look at.

"When I got the call saying you were admitted to the hospital and in a critical state..." A defeated sigh follows after his statement. "I love you so much, and it would kill me if something like this happened to you again. All I ask of you is please, please be careful."

My eyes slowly rise from my plate and look at my father's face.

"I love you too, Dad." My father gestures to my french toast.

"Eat your food, Ollie. You'll need the energy for work."

My father and I smile at each other, enjoying the breakfast he bought us.

⭒☂━━━━━━━━☂⭒

𝐈 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 the front doors of the hospital, swerving through people. My father and I got stuck in traffic, so I am now five minutes late.

After almost tripping and eating shit, I make it to the locker rooms. But not before running into Dr. Bailey.

"Slow your roll, Dr. Woolf!" Bailey looks at me with her famous what-the-hell face.

"I am so sorry, Bailey."

"O'Malley, you're with Shepherd today. Yang, Dr. Montgomery. Stevens, to the clinic. Karev, Jane Doe. Grey and Woolf, you're both on scut."

Meredith attempts to protest with Dr. Bailey but to no avail.

I head over to my locker to quickly change into my scrubs. As I open my locker, a bag of animal crackers falls out onto the floor.

"George, did you get me these? Since I wanted yours the other day?"

George turns in response to my question. A confused expression is plastered over his face.

"No. Is there a note anywhere?"

I look at the bag, no note. However, when I look in my locker I find a sticky note.

dear pretty girl,

enjoy the snacks

- your secret admirer

"George, it's not funny. Thank you for the animal crackers, though."

"What are you talking about? Seriously, I didn't get you those."

I shrug and put the crackers back in my locker for lunch.

⭒☂━━━━━━━━☂⭒

"𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍 Marlowe."

Murmurs float around the crowd of people as Marlowe walks out of a conference room. Burke walks forward, offering a handshake to him. However, Marlowe appears distracted by something, or someone, else.

Marlowe walks over to the giant crowd of people. Everyone, including me, slowly backs up except for Cristina.

"Well. You gonna give me a hug, or what?" Marlowe grins at Cristina, who doesn't seem all too happy to see Colin Marlowe in front of her.

Marlowe leans in as Cristina slowly hugs him. His hands wander, eventually squeezing her ass. My jaw plummets to the floor, my eyes wide as boulders.

"Oh looky there! It seems it's time for lunch. That's my cue to leave," I say under my breath as I rush away from the awkward encounter.

⭒☂━━━━━━━━☂⭒

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 the cafeteria when I see Dr. Shepherd point to my animal crackers.

"Hey, wasn't Mark carrying those-," Dr. Shepherd began to say before he was interrupted.

"Derek! Dr. Shepherd. My guy, my best buddy! I need a- um. A neuro consult! Yeah." Dr. Sloan awkwardly chuckles before yanking Shepherd away.

I pause for a second before sitting down with George and Meredith.

"What's wrong with Dr. Sloan? I mean, he looks like a charming guy. But he's unbelievably awkward," I question.

"What do you mean he's awkward? He could practically flirt his way into anyone's pants. He's McSteamy for a reason," explains Meredith.

"Well, he's never been McSteamy around me."

My pager goes off as Izzie sits down at the table.

"Duty calls. See you guys later!" I get up from the table and leave.

⭒☂━━━━━━━━☂⭒

𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 642

𝘢𝘭𝘣𝘶𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺: 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝘣𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒

hello. happy new years! i don't like this chapter, but i figured i owe the small number of people still reading this a new chapter. thank you so so so much for almost 3k reads + 100 votes! hopefully i update within the next week, but don't hold me accountable to that.