Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up kind of late. I threw on some gray skinny jeans, a back t-shirt, a black sleeping with sirens hoodie from when I went to their concert, and black converse. I just put my hair up in a ponytail, and brushed my teeth and ran out the house.

I walked to school.. again... alone. It just made me sick inside to know that Jack beytrayed me like this. He is my best friend, they are supposed to stick with you through thick and through thin, but I guess that didn't happen. It was chilly outside I'm so happy I wore my black hoodie today.

I got to campus and I saw Jack and we looked at eachother with the stink eye. It was really bothering me what caused this all to go down. Jasper came up to me and kissed me on the lips "Hey babe" I was so confused, are we dating? "Hey."

I looked up at Jack and he looked sort of sad, but I just ignored him. Jasper grabbed my hand and we held hands until we got into the hallway. Everyone was jaw dropped, they were all shocked that a girl like me was with a boy like him.

I got my books out and headed to first period which is Litureature, we are reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" I don't really pay attention while reading it, I'm not a big fan of sad stories, I'm much more into the dark angel stories or fallen angels.

Jasper wasn't in this period with me, which was sad but I could deal with it. I was still flabbergasted that we were dating, I guess I never had a real person that loved me meaningful, Jack doesn't count because he was my best friend. I never had a real boyfriend or a boyfriend at all so this was really special to me. I was always known as the weird/ quiet one. It still didn't cross my mind why Jasper chose me, there are so many prettier girls than me here.

I was off to second period and as I was walking Jack shoved me against my locker, knocking my books down.

"Are you going to help me pick them up?"

"I prefer not to" Jack said and walked away.

I gave him a dark look and picked up my books from the hallway floor. Second period was math and Jasper was in that class with me. I really hate math, it wasn't the subject that really strikes me as "fun".

I walked in and the teacher just smiled at me. I sat in my normal seat in the back and waited for Jasper to come sit down. Ten minutes later Jasper came in and again the teacher complained about him being late for class. Jasper sat down and gave me a peck on the cheek and just smiled at me.

The teacher went up and down hallway passing out our graded tests that took last week. He came by our seats and put my test in front of me and it read "A". I was shocked I have never done that great on a math test.

"Great job babe"

"Thanks, what did you get?"

"I got a C"

"That's pretty good"

"Eh"

I just giggled and continued to jot down the notes to teacher was writing on the chalk board.

I kept looking up at the clock waiting for class to be over till finally "Ring, Ring, Ring" the bell went. I jumped out of my seat.

A few hours later and it was lunch. I spotted Jack sitting with Abigail and her girls at the lunch table she always sits at. It made me sick to look at the because she is probably going to use him, or as I can see she is already starting to.

I wasn't really hungry so I just picked up a Bowl of fruit and some milk and sat at a random lunch table. Jasper came in with his tray of food and sat down right in front of me. I was trying to open my milk when Jasper grabbed it from my hands and opened it.

"I try to read your body language Laura but its so hard to get passed you."

"That's how I am, solid as a rock."

"Just tell me what your thinking"

"Why you chose me, there are other prettier girls other than me."

"Not in my eyes, your so calm Laura, and your just my type"

"Thanks Jasper"

I couldn't believe what he just said. I didn't know he cares about me this much. I wish I could tell him the same but I don't know if I'm as committed as he is. I think it's just the fact that I don't want to get hurt again by someone. I meant what if we break up or something then things will go back to how they were. A living hell, I don't want that to happen again, I wish I had better life, no matter how much Jasper cares about me, or Jack cared about me, my life will never be complete it will always be hell.

I just gave him a blank stare. Till finally he started to wave his hand in front of my face so I snapped out of it.

Lunch time was over so Jasper have me a quick kiss on the cheek and left to head to his classes. I Jack alone and it was my chance to figure out what was his problem.

I walked over to him and sat down next to him. Of course he gave me a death stare but I ignored it.

"Jack please tell what the hell is your problem?"

"You really want to know?"

"Yes."

"All because of you, I got the worst beating of my life. I have scars all over my back from my dad, and bruises on my arms and stomach and ribs from my mom. Don't you understand all because of your plan to run I've been in the worst pain. My parents hate me now. I'm not allowed to talk or hang out with you. I think your a bad influence and so do my parents. Laura you caused all this to happen."

"So now it's my fault, really, Jack I've been nothing but a friend to you, and you have the right the freakin treat me like this?"

"Yes, and you need to let it go."

"I'm not going to let it go Jack!"

Jack just looked at me and walked away. I couldn't believe he was blaming me for all this. We had always talked about running away together, and it happened. I was so frustrated with him. He swore that we never would give out on our best friend relationship.

A few hours later school was over. I really was stressed today about the whole thing with Jack. Just lately he has been wearing me out. On the other hand I'm happy that Jasper and I are now official.

I packed all my stuff from school and went home. I took the long way this time. It just took my mind off of things and calmed me down.

I walked a little further walking besides the train tracks when I hear behind me "There's vampire girl."

I automatically stopped and I heard the loud footsteps from a group of people on the rocks. I was scared to death.

"Are you going to do anything?" the voice said.

"No"

"Get her"

At that moment that low masculine voice was Jack. The only option I had was to run.

I darted as fast as I could, I was panting and breathing heavily with every footstep I was taking. I could hear them all catching up behind me. I was scared out of my life. They weren't going to stop unless something was going to stop them.

I was slowing down until I ran into something. I looked up and it was Jasper....