Chapter 2

The babybones awakens and Gaster makes a decision

((Co-author: Firehedgehog))

——

"Do you ever wonder if there are others like us?"

"Why would I, I have you"

"Brother, let that never change"

Slowly eyes opened, eye lights staring blankly at a ceiling.

An unfamiliar ceiling, everything unfamiliar.

Their fingers dug around them, tangling into something soft.

They had to run...

Why..

Their head hurt...

Why did they have to run...

A strangled cry left their mouth when they tried to roll over, and they fell and crashed on a hard surface. A sob escaped his mouth and tears slipped from their eyes.

Where.. Where.. Where?

His head hurt... his thoughts a jumble of pain and confusion, where what? His hands reached up and scratched at his head, his skull.

Large gentle hands stopped the babybones' actions fearing they would hurt themselves , before placing the small hands back on their lap after quickly checking them over.

"I see you are up. How are you feeling?"

Gaster said softly, keeping the frown off his face when he noticed how fuzzy the eyelights of the child were.

He had done his best to heal most of their injuries, the many cracks and bruises on their bones filling him with a deep rage but sadly had not been able to heal everything he was never a great healer but he was trying his best .

There were still deep cracks on the child's skull though, logically knowing that it would take plenty of time and patience to heal them but he was still rather worried how this would affect them.

Skull injuries on skeleton monsters was no joke!

His smile fell when he realised the child was staring at him blankly, his worry growing at the tears silently falling down their face.

"Are you in pain..?"

He was unsure what else it could be, not ashamed to admit his personal skills were somewhat lacking after years of self imposed exile.

A strange chirp like whine escaped him, dully he reached up touching the stranger holding onto his face.

Shaking fingers traced the old scar cracks on Gaster's face, gently Gaster moved them away, smiling amused as they spotted the holes in his hands.

There was a surprised sound from his little guest, as they prodded at the much larger plans.

"Very Holey aren't they," Gaster said, internally wincing at the pun.

Sans... no... none of them.. he had to focus.

Eyelights the shade of echo flowers looked at him, even as empty they were he could tell they were not amused.

"Maybe your a Papyrus type, I wish you could answer me, little flower" Gaster chuckled.

A few minutes later, he pulled tiny hands away from their owners' skull injuries.