Chapter 8-Wards. Wards, and More Wards!

They had moved to a place far away from Dreams grasp but there were still other issues they had to deal with and nightmares that continued to plague them all.

 ((Co-author:Firehedgehog))

————

He raged and clawed, almost a mindless animal due to level madness.

Gaster lost himself to the pain and rage, his mana veins burning within his bones and threatened to burn and dust him from existence.

His broken feral mind zero'd onto the nearest threat, roaring as he attacked him.

Beautiful wings shifted as the owner turned to look at their attacker, a hand went up and blasted the level mad monster away.

Gaster woke with a start, breathing heavy from the confusing swirl of emotions the dream of a memory brought up.

It had been awhile, since he'd had nightmares of his time insane. Even now he wasn't the most stable of monsters, but he was a lot more stable then many level heavy ones.

He briefly left the tent he was sleeping in, taking in the grey nothingness of the phased area sky. He hoped he could make it a true sky soon, as this greyness was depressing. For safeties sake they'd left the safe house, everything in boxes in tents or item space.

Not feeling the urge to sleep more he started up the campfire, stirring the embers and adding more wood. It wasn't much, but it wasn't like there was weather here yet.

He had an idea of on how to give it weather patterns, even without a sky.

Humming he started heating up the leftover soup, knowing the others would be up soon. His thoughts were a million miles away, he started at the area they were setting up for the house. Things had gone all strange, who knew adopting a lost child could result in his life changing like this.

The once scientist did not regret it, since he'd been.. well forcefully regained sanity he'd been wondering a bit lost. He'd had nothing to tie himself to anymore.

Sighing he ate the soup, setting the pot to the side so it would stay warm but not overheat for the others.

"Might as well start setting up the wards" he said after washing his empty bowl, he walked over to the future housing area studying the marked off ground. Finally he summoned multiple hands, mentally having them break ground on what would be an underground area the wards would be stationed.

It was quick work, he'd done this before to help with underground expansions and house building.

Before Asgore....

Gaster cried as Asgore beat him, the other being careful not to damage certain parts of his body.

"Stupid Bitch, running when we need a new heir" Asgore snarled, easily overpowering the hurt skeleton monster.

Gaster grit his teeth, tears slipped down his face.

"This one better not be a skeleton"

He rubbed his face, he had to focus on the future.

Not then.

Never again.

He motioned and one of his many hands brought over the specialized walls and flooring for the ward room, he stared down in the hole as they began to make sure nothing would collapse onto itself, Walls and floor making an appearance, it was like a fortress, and it was just a ward room.