Chapter 4-Stormy Skies

Gaster decides they need to move and does his best to be a dad. Sans is suspicious and Echo is just happy their 'doggy' is here.

((Co-author:Firehedgehog))

——

Gaster took a deep breath as he listened to Echo sleep, that cute little purring sound he made sometimes when he reached the dreaming stage. He turned away from the closed door, heading back to the main cabin area.

He had to clean up the main area, and see about creating more safe guards so Echo couldn't get up there again.

There was also there... guest, Sans. If he was still there that is, but he couldn't stay outside his adopted child's door and avoid it forever. No matter how much he wished he could.

His fault, he was a total screw up as a father after all.

The house was too quiet as he walked back. He walked past Sans and began to clean up the items knocked down and the items and toys Echo had been playing with.

"If you're going to stay, sit down I'm not running away," he said not turning to look at Sans, after all when he became Echos parent he made a vow on his magic to do it right.

There was a scoff from the agitated skeleton, for a moment there was nothing more than he heard something drop onto the love seat. He winced at the force, but telling him to be gentle on the furniture wouldn't help here.

Sans didn't move his gaze away from Gasters back, watching every little thing they did with unnerving intensity.

He had just found the monster , so there was no way he was letting them out of his sight so easily, especially with a kid in the house even if he was slightly terrified of the power the child held .

"I didn't take you one for playing house. How long are you going to keep this up?"

He didn't hide the derision in his tone, scoffing when he noticed children's toys scattered the floor. They must really be in it for the long haul, Gaster never having bothered to get them anything while he was growing up his soul ached in jealousy but he smothered it quickly enough .

"I'm not playing house Sans, everyone has to grow up sooner or later. I just took longer than was healthy," Gaster sighed, he placed Echo's toy in their toy box and turned to look at Sans.

"After a good deal of LOVE I see. Perfectly normal indeed."

Sans said dryly with a scathing look in his eyes, unmoved by the wince they gave in response. He wasn't an idiot , feeling they had definitely been up to something else once they collapsed their AU.

Gaster rubbed his face agitated, he could deal with this.

"Please keep your voice down, Echo needs his sleep for his recovery and he reacts to emotions," Gaster said quietly "And I bet you of course talked to everyone in town making our issues known, meaning poor Echo won't be able to go into town due to the emotions flying about."

Sans refused to feel guilty about, the disappointed look directed at him that was weirdly parental was also ignored, putting his feet on the coffee table in response.

"Maybe if you weren't so socially inept and a major psycho, then that would be needed in the first place dad ."

Even saying the word made him feel gross but the way Gaster flinched after was absolutely beautiful .

"Don't forget you caused these issues in the first place. Don't pretend to be a saint all of a sudden, when you have more dust on your hands then the rest of us"