1st Encounter

[How you meet the Doctor.]

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Nine

It's a regular day for you, working as a receptionist. At least it was, up until everyone fled the office while you were out getting more paper for the printer. You stepped back into the office to see what could have caused everyone to suddenly rush out.

You had assumed it was some mouse or something. But then again, judging by the fact that everyone left...it might not be the case. You stepped back into the office, carefully looking around you. That's when you saw it.

It was some sort of creature. Not one you've ever encountered before. It was tall and green. Slimy and...pretty ugly looking if you were honest. You didn't know what to make of it. You just stood there, frozen.

"Eh, do you mind not standing there?" You heard a voice say from behind you. "You're in the way."

You turned around to see a man. A man with a leather jacket, pointing a gadget at you. Well, past you actually. Probably at that green thing.

"Where am I supposed to stand then?" You ask, moving out of the way a little.

"Use your eyes. There's a whole room free to stand in." The man says, now walking past you to get closer to the creature. "Pick any spot you want. I'd suggest the far corner."

"What are you pointing at that thing?" You ask the man, who seems to be cornering the green creature.

"Oh, you're a rude one." The man looks to you, before looking back at the green thing. "She didn't mean it."

"Are you getting rid of it?" You ask the man, now backing yourself towards your desk. While you wanted to stay safe and far enough away from the creature, you also kind of wanted to see what would happen. After all, this man doesn't seem to be scared of the creature...he looks quite calm actually. It's intriguing.

"Now why would I do that?" The man looked back at you and rolled his eyes. "Humans....am I right?" He says to the creature in front of him.

"You say that as if you aren't human yourself..." You mutter, wondering if he could hear.

"Cause I'm not." The man simply replies. "Was that not obvious when I didn't totally freak out when seeing another life form?"

"But I didn't totally freak out either..." You shrug, sitting down at your seat. "And I'm fairly sure I'm human."

"You froze though, didn't you?" The man raised an eyebrow, but then smiled. "Anyways! Let's get you back to where you belong." He says to the creature. "You coming?"

At first you think he's talking to you, but then you see him ushering the green life form through the door. You watch the two, non-humans apparently, leave the office. Then the man's head sticks back through the doorway.

"I'll be back in a jiffy." The man smiles, then disappears. Only a moment later though, his head pops back up again. "Oh, and I'm the Doctor!"

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Ten

You were walking down the street, coming home after a long day. You walked down the same street you've taken home all your adult life. You must have walked down it a million times. But never have you noticed a police box off to the side, just a couple paces from where you live.