REMEMBER WHO I AM - Chapter I

December 1, 2023

9:09 PM

Lexington, Kentucky

Bloomington and Xavier stood in a construction building on the 34th floor, the building was supposed to be the tallest in Lexington, attempting to surpass the Lexington Financial Center. The walls on the 34th floor were just finished. Bloomington stood looking out of an unfinished window on the 34th floor. It was about 23 degrees Fahrenheit, and it started to snow about 30 minutes ago. It was a very light snow, but there was still a slight amount of black ice on the roads. Xavier walked toward Bloomington.

"Bloomington?" Xavier requested.

Bloomington stood still with his hands behind his back, having his index finger on the outside instead of his pinky.

"Bloomington." Xavier said.

Bloomington put his hand out the unfinished window, seeming oblivious of what Xavier was saying.

"Barnes!" Xavier yelled, saying his real name.

Bloomington spun around, putting his index finger out and shushing Xavier. Xavier's 1-year-old Great Dane, who was Zed's technical grandchild, walked into the room as Bloomington stared at Xavier menacingly. Zed had managed to have another Great Dane, which then managed to have the current Great Dane. This Great Dane's name was Samuhel, a variation of Samuel in the bible. The lights of the city started to peek through the wall.

"Who is it today?" Xavier asked.

"Oh... kay..." Bloomington awkwardly muttered.

Bloomington, putting his hands right back behind his back, walked into another room, where his laptop was. He walked past multiple construction workers donning a green worksuit, and only half of them read the words Construction. Xavier followed, and so did the dog. Xavier walked to a room to find Bloomington on his laptop.

"Err... Tyler Sparks." Bloomington said.

Xavier stood still.

"Mhm?" Xavier asked.

"The fucking guy." Bloomington said.

"Where is he?"

"A snitch said he's luckily in this city, and is trying to find a way to Manhattan, New York."

"By what manner?"

"Hopefully a cab."

"Why hopefully?"

"One of these construction workers, he comes from Kentucky in Quartierville, name is Jakey Ong or something, he has a Lyft profile. You get in his Lyft car, I'll tell you when I know where he is."

"Simple enough, I guess."

Xavier, who was wearing a suit, fixed his tie, as he walked down steps.

* * *

"Black 2021 Kia K5..." Tyler said to himself.

Tyler Sparks wore a black coat and black jeans, and his hair was filled with snowflakes.

"Come on, Jake... Black 2021 Kia K5..." He spoke to himself.

As he looked at the night sky, a Black 2021 Kia K5 pulled up.

"Finally..."

Tyler walked up to the car as it was now stopped and against the curb. Jake, his driver, put his thumbs up as if to signify this is your Lyft. Tyler put his thumbs up back as he opened the back door and slipped into the backseat.