Chapter XVI

December 20, 2023

1:13 PM

Panama City, Panama

Xavier and Clover both sat in a black car, waiting to see anyone there. They were in the area that Rich had mentioned. As they surveyed the area, they saw someone approach their car before randomly opening the door. He immediately plopped down on the seat.

"You're... you're uber?" The man asked with an accent.

"No, man." Xavier said.

Xavier immediately heard a switchblade flicking out. The man's arm flung around his neck and he heard a gun cock. Clover turned around and saw a man holding Xavier at knife point and holding her at gunpoint with a Colt Junior. A short and stubby pistol. Xavier slowly put his hands up and so did Clover.

"Money, I need money quick." The man said.

"I don't got any on me." Xavier spoke calmly.

"You walk into this country with suit on and you don't expect me robbing you?"

"I don't even know who you are." Clover stated.

"Shut. Now, I need money!"

"You're not fucking getting any."

Xavier looked at Clover before putting his hands in a V and simulating someone talking, basically asking her to distract him. Clover nodded.

"So, is this a nice country?" Clover asked.

"Stop holding police at bay, I will slit his throat!"

"I have money."

The man turned at her.

"See, the reason he doesn't... is because I took all his." Clover said.

"Really..."

Xavier switched up a button that slowly leaned him back. The man seemed to be too focused on money to notice. But he eventually realized.

"Hey! what is the se--"

Xavier swiftly grabbed the arm he held the knife in and threw it at his other arm, making them slice one another. He screamed as Xavier put his hand on Clover's arm.

"Get out the car, I'll be back." Xavier said.

Clover, with a questioning look on her face, walked out. She slowly opened the door, and closed it back. Xavier then slammed his foot on the gas pedal. The man flew back. As he tried to regain himself, Xavier turned to the right and made him hit his head on the car window. Xavier continued to drive, making sure he didn't hit any onlookers.

"You fuck!" The man yelled.

He grabbed his stubby pistol before regaining himself once more as he attempted to point it at Xavier.

BANG!

It flew straight through the roof. The man lunged into the cupholder between the front seats. Xavier began to rapidly spin the wheel to its limit before slamming on the brakes. The vehicle drifted heavily. As they both stood in the hefty drift, Xavier punched the man in his face.

He immediately let go of his stubby pistol, letting Xavier grab it. Xavier started to viscously slide the slide back and forth, letting all of its bullets out. He let the magazine out of the stubby pistol and threw it out the window. He then pulled out his own P30L before letting off a final shot.

BANG!

The drift stopped. Xavier had let the shot off through the man's ear and let it come out the back of his skull. Xavier then slammed his palm onto the steering wheel, honking. As soon as he did, he saw Clover sprinting, her unzipped leather jacket bouncing in the air. Clover flung the door open and slammed it as she got in. She rolled up her window as Xavier started to drive.