Sozin's Comet: Avatar Katara

A/N HOW AM I AT THE END?!?! It feels like yesterday I started drafting. Tysm to all of you for sticking through Avatar Katara's journey!

"Come on out!" Katara did not come out. "Avatar, you cannot hide in there forever."

---

"Toph, metalbend the rudder so it's stuck in the turning position! The ship will spiral and slam into others!"

Toph nodded and ran to the rudder. She pulled the metal sheets back and the airship hit its neighbor, almost knocking her down.

"Have I ever mentioned how sweet it is that you invented metalbending?" Sokka called.

"You could stand to mention it more."

Another airship started shooting flames, but then the sabotaged airship rammed into it and the firebenders had bigger problems.

Then the trapdoor opened and a firebender slipped out. He started blasting fire at Sokka and Toph, who dodged the flames as best they could.

Sokka unsheathed his sword and they jumped off the edge. Sokka dug his blade into the metal of the airship, sparks flying as he tried to slow their descent. His sword slipped and he landed on an extension beam while Toph slipped off, grabbing onto Sokka's hand for dear life.

Sokka cried out as his leg gave out and he heard the sound of bone snapping. "My leg!" He looked down at Toph. "Hang on!"

"Aye-aye, captain."

Two firebenders approached. One firebender took a stance and Sokka pulled out his boomerang. He threw it and struck the firebender.

The other firebender began charging his attack and Sokka drew his sword and threw. The sword hit the firebender and plummeted to the ground. "Bye, space sword." Toph started to slide out of his grip and he grabbed her hand just in time. "I don't think Boomerang is coming back, Toph!" He felt a stab in his chest when he realized that he'd never see his father's boomerang again. "It looks like this is the end."

That was when another airship rammed into the sabotaged one. Sokka let go of the beam and dropped down to the airship, wincing as he landed on his injured leg.

"How did that happen?" Toph asked, crawling out from under Sokka. "Did Boomerang come back?"

"No. Suki did!"

---

Katara cringed, shutting her eyes as her earth shell heated. Sweat dripped down her forehead, but she didn't dare leave her stance. Then Ozai threw another fireball, and Katara just barely had time to create an air shield around her.

The force of the attack knocked her back, the earth crumbling around her. She fell to the ground and hit her forehead on a rock.

Right at her chakra point.

She saw herself leap off the glowing bridge to save Zuko. She turned and saw Aang next to her, and then Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen, and so on until the beginning of time.

Her eyes started to glow.

---

Ozai cackled as he stalked towards the pile of steaming rocks. "Come out, little girl. You're about to be-"

His sentence was cut off as a hand reached up and grabbed his beard. The rocks shattered apart, revealing Katara inside. Ozai lit his palm ablaze and lunged, but she easily batted his hand aside. Katara threw Ozai back with a burst of air and he landed in a crouch.

Katara leapt after him, surrounding herself with a sphere of air. She roared, fire pouring from her mouth and limbs. Ozai struggled to rise as the wind crumbled the pillars around him.