Part 2

Part 2

The Doctor started to pull violently on knobs and wheels around the scanner. “It can’t be, not here, not now, not yet!” The Doctor looked desperately at the scanner, which showed, quite clearly, several hundred battleships, headed towards Earth. “THAT’S NOT POSSIBLE!” He winced over in pain, he was still in the first 15 hours of his regeneration.

“Doctor? Um, Mate? Sorry, Are you alright?” She rushed to the Doctors side. He jumped up like nothing had happened.

“Me? I’m fine! Dandy! Fine and dandy! Any way, we have more pressing matters on our…”

“HELLO DOCTOR! ITS NICE TO FINALLY MEET YOU…” A voice had taken over the TARDIS.

“Cant say I have the same feeling!” He lent backwards on to the console, folding his arms.

“What’s happening?” Savannah stuck close to the Doctors side.

“What’s happening? Well you see dear, the voice is coming from another ship, bigger than mine, Do you reckon they’re trying to compensate for something else?” He chuckled lightly.

“Doctor!” Savannah gasped, How could he be making jokes when something was clearly wrong.

“What? Just keeping spirits high! Said the same thing to Churchill, always got to make a joke to keep the…”

“WE CAN STILL HEAR YOU, DOCTOR!” The Doctor reached into his torn pocket, pulling out the battered sonic screw driver.

“We’ll be needing a new one soon old girl! This might not last as long as I hope!" Savannah knew that he wasn't talking to her but there was nobody else in the TARDIS, definitely not another girl!

“I mean, I think you’re alright and everything but there’s no one else here…” She looked around to make sure she wasn’t the one going mad.

“She’s all around. She’s the wife, You mustn’t tell River that though!” He turned to pull a lever, “But of course! You haven’t met her! River is my wife, like my actual wife! We had a wedding, well I say wedding, it was on the top of the great pyramid with a bow tie after she re-wrote time to stop herself from killing me after she was taken as a child and raised as a killing machine by a woman who works for the silence, who for long time wanted me dead, she was then taken after one of my companions gave birth to her. We keep meeting in the wrong order though. 300 years and our time lines are ever intertwined!” He sniffed the air, smiling to himself.

“300 years? Mate, With the state the lasses get in, in Newcastle on a night out, You could experience that in an hour!” He held the sonic up and started scanning the air, wafting it in all directions, not taking notice of her.

"So, why take over my ship? Plenty more out there, bigger ones, better things inside! Why go for an old man in a police box?" He plugged the sonic into the control panel and pulled the screen round.

"ITS SIMPLE REALLY, BECAUSE IT HAS YOU INSIDE. YOU SEE DOCTOR, WE NEED THE OLD MAN IN THE POLICE BOX BECAUSE ONCE WE HAVE YOU, WHATS TO STOP US?" Savannah kept close to the Doctor now, she was scared. Genuinely scared for the first time in her life.

"Oh, I see! So, what? You bring your ship with all your little soldiers and think you can stop... AHHHHHHHHH!" The regeneration energy was still effecting him, changing his insides.

"Doctor, what are they?" She helped him up carefully, putting her arm around his waist to steady him.

“Things, Savannah. Not at all human but nothing near just robots!” He gasped for breath.

“THEY SAID YOU WERE NICE DOCTOR, BUT NEVER COMPLIMENTARY!” The lights flickered slightly.

"WE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU DOCTOR! EVERY LAST DETAIL, ALL OF YOUR PAST LIVES, ALL OF YOUR PAST COMPANIONS... EVEN YOUR LAST! WEEPING ANGELS WAS IT? TUT TUT! I THOUGHT YOU TOOK BETTER CARE OF THEM? SEE WE'VE DONE OUR RESEARCH TIME LORD! HEARD FROM RIVER SONG LATELY? WE'RE POWERFUL DOCTOR, FAR MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE AND IN 24 HOURS..... the invasion begins"

*****

This new man was different, changing still, yes, but he had given up, given up on not letting himself get angry because what was the use in doing so?

"Invasion? Oh! Oh! OH!" The Doctor shot to his panel again. "But thats impossible! You can't even... HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?" He slammed his hands down on the panel, making Savannah jump. "You can't travel in time. You shouldn't even be here!"

"DONT WANT TO BE GIVING AWAY ALL OUR SECRETS NOW WOULD WE? WHAT IS IT SHE USED TO SAY? ..... SPOILERS!"

The Doctor threw the screen away from him. "WE'RE JUST SIMPLY MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU DOCTOR. WE CAN EVEN MESS WITH YOUR REGENERATION!"

This startled the Doctor, it already wasn't possible that they could be there , what was it to say that they couldn't do that too! "MAKE YOU REMEMBER EVERY LAST THING YOU DID WRONG TO THE PEOPLE WHO TRUSTED YOU, WHO PUT THEIR LIFE IN YOUR HANDS..." Savannah turned just in time to catch the falling man. She looked down, his eyes had turned black, fully black. "NOW WHY DON'T YOU TELL HER ABOUT THEM? THE ONES THAT DIED, THE ONES THAT LEFT BECAUSE THEY COULDNT HANDLE THE VIOLENCE..."

"I left Susan on Earth because she fell in love with a human, Susan was my granddaughter," The voice wasn't the warm voice that belonged to the Doctor, it was robotic and dead like, "Adric, I'm so sorry Adric, I didnt mean for you to die, I'M SORRY!"

Black tears fell from the eyes of the broken man held in the arms of a girl who could help. "Tegan left, Nyssa stayed on a planet to help others, Ace left me, Grace thought I was mad, Rose Tyler lives in a parallel universe, Martha Jones works for UNIT, Donna Noble forgot, Amelia Pond died. She died because of me, Rory too! He died because of me. Would you like a jelly baby?" She fought hard to restrain him,

"OH! HE'S FIGHTING BACK!"

"Reverse the polarity of the Neutron flow, Allons-y, Bowties are cool, fantastic. Would you like a, would you like a, would you like a?"