Prologue (1)

= = = = = = =

We thirst for the seven wailings.

We bear the koan of Jericho.

= = = = = = = 

--It's my fault.

Someone admits their faults.

--My decisions. My actions. Everything, all of it was caused by it.

Someone proclaims their failures.

--All of it has made me come to realize that you were right all along.

Someone acknowledges the right of another.

--So, please. Please forgive me for being so bold to ask of you for help--

--Douglas Sensei.

My sight, that in black like the cosmos of jet black, was illuminated by a soft yet powerful radiance. I found myself sitting in what was a moving tram car, or a bart compartment just like the subways of America and other places I've been to. 

And--

Before me was the sight of a girl

A girl that was dressed in white.

A girl who had blue hair, or perhaps it was white? Maybe blue-ish white? 

The strange thing was I couldn't quite make out her face. 

Not that it wasn't that obstructed by the sunlight, but even putting aside it...

I couldn't quite see her clearly enough for some reason.

--Even should you forget these words. Even should you have no memory of this conversation, of the things that have happened before up to the point of our meeting...

--I'm sure you would have done all the same no matter what.

We sat on opposite seats of the tram, where I saw that she was not in the best of condition to be so composed let alone talking.

A red scratch on her cheek. Blood strains on her uniform. Blood dripped down from her shoes.

The girl was in a mess of her own yet despite it all, she kept on forward.

--Thus, I believe that it isn't the experience but rather the choices we make.

--There are choices only you can make, just as there were choices I made and everyone else you encountered who made theirs.

She talked. She spoke. She went on.

Never ceasing. Never faltering. 

She pressed on to tell someone, to me of something even as her body trembled ever so subtlety from what I can presume were her injuries she suffered...