Prologue (2)

Riding down the elevator back to the lobby, Douglas and Rin see the view of the city in silence.

But of course, that wouldn't last long for a short trip down the building.

Douglas: I have to ask, where is the Schale clubhouse at anyway?

Rin: Oh, that? About 30km from here.

Douglas's eyes shot open with shock.

Douglas: That far!? Shoot, I thought it would be like some several blocks down the street or a mile away. Maybe a few. But not that far.

Rin: My apologies for not mentioning that sooner. That said, we also need to get there soon. There is something the President gave instructions for us to put there in the basement, and we're told only you are to access it.

Douglas: That so? Guess we can't delay any longer then.

Rin nods to this.

Rin: Agreed. The faster we get you in, the sooner I can come back to resolving the other issues.

Douglas: Yeah...you don't suppose that would just be that for right now?

Rin: Well...

Just as Rin was about to respond, the doors of the elevator opened up the lobby where Douglas once was and met Ayumu there. 

Right in their view in the center were four girls waiting there, discussing amongst themselves.

Douglas saw the small crowd and looks to Rin, who is also staring at him with a blank look.

Rin: You were saying?

Douglas: Uhm...

The elf-like girl in white just turns back and sighs--

Rin: Give me a moment, would you?

Douglas: Sure?

Rin goes over to the group of girls who came up to her with complaints being bombarded at her.

Even though he could not see her expression, Douglas could already tell Rin had an exasperated look on her face and he had only known her for about ten minutes give or take.

Douglas: (This President chick...guess she was someone who really did the most work even when she's got the VP and everyone working alongside her. If it were back home, Daniel would be the one running things even if he takes on the role of second in command.)

Douglas heard just about all of their complaints.

All of them were very much the same thing he saw on the reports.

Increase in Arms Trafficking. Structural Damage and Costs to fix it. Correctional Bureau Escapee. Student Riots.

He heard it all, and he can certainly tell that Rin was just barely trying to keep it together.

Douglas: (Poor girl has it rough...)

Then, he heard the girl give the breaking news to the others.

Rin: Long story short, the President is around at the moment because she's gone missing.

Judging by how Ayumu and Rin thought of them, the other students seemingly had thought highly of this "President" as well.

All of whom reacted with varying emotions of shock and concern while Rin continued on--

Rin: ...I'll just be blunt. The rest of the General Student Council have not been able to do anything of much greater relief to all of you because the top administrator (President) for the Sanctum Tower has gone missing.