Chapter 1

Levi

First day of senior year, haven't even made it through the doors yet, and I want this to be over. I huff out a breath of air, and run a hand through my dark wavy hair.

The sun was shining, it was hot out but there was a cool breeze. The parking lot was full of high schoolers and teachers, none of which seemed too happy to be here. Then again, who is?

God I fucking hate school. No, I take that back. I don't hate it, school gives me something to do that's not under my parents total control, its the people I hate. They are all so hypocritical and arrogant. Stupid too.

The entrance doors were heavy, gray, and cold despite the scolding wheather. I hold the door open for a teacher behind me.

"Thank you Levi. Enjoy your day!"

"You too, Mrs. Hopper!" I responded automatically.

Each and every one of then is stupid. I almost pity them.

As I walk past my peers and into school, they flash me toothy, fake smiles. Not one of these idiots have anything bad to say about me. They all respect me, and admire me, yet not one of them is my friend. Ironic isn't it.

Loved by all, friends with none.

I know so many people, I get along with so many people. They just never take the time to stick around and really get to know me. To them I'm just some goodie two shoes that they can make quick 'friends' with. What a bunch of ass holes. 

Right now I'm just trying my best to navigate the school halls. You would think being this little towns golden boy would make the people clear the halls and allow me to pass through, as if I was their king, seeing how they all adore me. But no, the one time their attention benefits me they do nothing. 

After a long twenty seconds of pushing and shoving, all the while keeping a smile on my face, I made it to my locker. Our lockers, the students of Lakewood High's lockers, aren't like the ones you seen in movies. They aren't tiny boxes that have a lock you always forget the combination to. This is Minnesota, you need to be practical. We need room for our snow boots, snow pants, winter coats and school supplies. Thankfully its the first day of school and winter gear is unneeded.

I pop open my locker and hang up my backpack. The thing must way more than my Auntie Pam already, my back was ungodly sore.

"Hey levi!" Someone who had the audacity to speak to me so early in the day yelled.

I sighed and  turned around to see Emily standing with her group of friends, waving at me. Naturally I wave back. "Hello." Fuck, I hated my damn voice. Its so high and cheerful and small sounding, makes me cringe.

Emily is actually quite kind and takes interest in learning. Her friends aren't to bad either, except Marcus Parish. 

That soccer (American soccer) playing, ass hole seems to have a problem with me. Why? I don't know. Maybe he's just fucked in the head. I have done nothing but be nice to him.

"Come over here, we have a question for you." She smiled.

Reluctantly, I walk my short ass over. "How my I help you?"

"Well you see, we wanted to know if you would like to eat lunch with us. I notice, even though you know so many people, you ate all alone last year. And I don't know, I thought you might enjoy hanging out with us. Plus I think you would get along with the rest of my friends." She rambled

That.. That was actually kind of sweet. But then again, what if her friends didn't want me there. I wouldn't want to intrude. The thought of butting into their friend time and being unwanted makes me nauseas.

"Um, I don't know. I'll have to think about it. Thank you though." I fiddled around with my sleeve a bit, I'm not very good at saying no to people.

"You sure dude? We wouldn't mind." One of her friends spoke. I believe his name was dave. Yes I said it, Dave. Such a bland name, but he's a nice guy. I volunteered at a food drive with him once.

"I sure wouldn't mind havin' a new face to hang around." Missy agreed in her thick Texan accent.

Marcus seemed to interested on the floor to take part in this conversation. Ass.

I swayed on my feet for a moment. If I say no, they might think I'm a dick, which I am but they don't need to know. But should I say yes.. I don't want to have expectations and be thrown to the side in a week.

Emily and Missy both started to make puppy eyes. "Please, sugar. We would love to have you." Missy asked.

My fingers taped against my thighs. "Why not? Sure." I put on a polite smile before excusing my self to class. I could feel one of them watching me walk away.

I really didn't want to eat lunch with them. Why cant i just say no? Why is it so hard? Maybe I am really just a goodie two shoes after all.

****

Well readers, sorry if you think its bad. This is my first chapter I have ever written.

Any and all feed back on my writing would be great. Don't worry to much about upsetting me by pointing out mistakes. I'm not easily hurt.

I'm hoping to write the next chapter in Marcus' view. I also plan to make the chapters longer, this is just a me testing the waters a bit.

I hope you all have a wonderful day/night! Peace out peeps