019

|| Happenstance ||

You stare at your screen flabbergasted, never getting over the fact Xiao texted you that way. You never knew he was that type of man.. 'what does he mean by hanging out too much with other men? Did he say that because of jealousy, perhaps? It's not like the relationship is real.

Or maybe he said it because he was afraid of ruining our image..? Or his? Enough of this, defending his whole actions shenanigan, the person who should be defending him is himself. Even after I helped him he still managed to hurt me and he should be the one apologizing and explaining his side... Not me.

You thought, having an inner conversation yourself trying to gather your thoughts and opinion on the matter. You have to stop trying to search for an explanation of why they acted like that to hurt you when they aren't even bothering to explain THEIR actions.

You slap yourself back to reality, looking at the clock that hangs on the wall.

8:58 am, you still have an hour to get ready before going to school.

You lazily dragged yourself off your bed and begin to dress yourself for school but apart from all the shit that went down at the very earliest of time you still can't help but feel something is about to happen today... Something off.

Xiao's PoV

It's already been a few hours since the last Twitter incident, his schedule is down in his vacant time and yet he still could figure out what his feelings are. He sat by the secluded bench at the back of campus.

what are these pesky feelings... The thought of you with albedo left a never-ending twist of void inside his chest, leaving an uncomfortable weight on his chest.

Perhaps it was the feeling of failure? After all this fake relationship could have the possibility to bite him back... The thought of Aurora being aware of his plan nerved him.

The possibility of Aurora taking advantage of this information scared him.. he knows her too well, the things she could do and ask for once she learns about the information and twist it to her liking.

But was it all because of Aurora?

Maybe it's the thought of you being hurt. After all, he was the one who brought you into this mess and now he has hurt you. And the idea of bringing his father's name to shame.

Yn's PoV

You entered your classroom like a dead man carrying his own body. Hoping that today won't add to the problems you are already carrying.

"BABY YN!!" you heard your friend lumine running towards you with a hug. "How are you, babe? Did you get enough sleep? WAIT! DID YOU EVEN SLEEP AT ALL?! LOOK AT YOUR EYEBAGS?!??? YOUR SKIN CARE ROUTINE IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THIS??" She pinches your cheeks from left to right inspecting your skin.

"My skincare routine right now is stress" you complained as you both walked towards your seat. "NOT ON MY WATCH BITCH. Let's have a sleepover tonight AND NO PHONES" she says sternly, not even asking you.

"Yes boss" you smile at her defeated.

The half of the day passed by like a minute, your body being set on automatic mode all the time while your mind wrecks to wonder 2 things: him, and the competitions.

Both options seemingly drive you into insanity. Was entering the competitions worth it? What if you won none of it? What will your parents think of you? What will your friends think of you?

It's so ironic that you are so scared of making mistakes and yet make so many mistakes at the same time, you try to reach perfection despite being far from it. What are you truly reaching for? You feel as if one mistake and your life is all over.