Plot

Arlex POV

I had been watching them from the shadows, keeping my distance if I saw Vexel. I knew he wasn't someone to mess with and I didn't want to risk him catching me.

However, being a vampire, I'm sneaky and silent. No one suspected I was there watching. The other necromancer, I didn't know her name, had stormed off. I assumed she had got in a fight with someone. Vexel and Ezara soon leave the home after her. Mazavir and some other female necromancer were practicing their skills in a clearing just outside the home. Vexel and Ezara exchange a few words then disappear into a fiery portal.

I sneak my way towards the clearing. It was just Mazavir and the other necromancer woman. I stay in the shadows until I could get close to them. I take a deep breath and form into a cloud of bats, reforming behind the female necromancer. Before she could react, I grab a hold of her. "Move and I'll turn you too." I state.

"Arlex?" Mazavir says, crossing his arms. He didn't look happy to see me. I give him a smile back.

Then I feel a strange feeling, as if something was grabbing a hold of the blood in my body. My limbs twist and crack and I scream, pain shooting through my body. My hands release the grip I had on the necromancer. She steps away and turns around, holding her hand up. She was the one manipulating my body.

"No one ever expects that." She says with a mischievous grin. She drops her hand and the grip on my body releases. "What do you want, vampire?"

I take a moment to catch my breath. "First of all, who the Hells are you?"

"None of your business." She responds, crossing her arms. "Why are you here?"

"I wasn't actually going to bite you." I state, putting my hands on my hips. "I just didn't know if you were a threat or not. Now I know you are."

"Answer Vayle's question, why are you here?" Mazavir says.

"Ezara told me to leave but she didn't say how long for." I say with a shrug. "It looks like you've gotten enough time to recover and think about things. I saw you trying out your new abilities." I give him a slight smile. "Awesome, aren't they?"

"You waited for them to leave to come out, didn't you?" Mazavir asks.

"Sure did. I wanted her to leave but I figured I'd just bite her if she didn't react well. Looks like I lost that fight though." I give a slight laugh. "Now that I know who tall and dark is, I don't really need a prime evil as my enemy."

"Try it again and I shove a stake through your heart, or whatever kills vampires." Vayle says. "You may drink blood, but I've mastered blood magic."

"That's obvious to me, necromancer. The way you manipulated my blood, that hurt" I roll my eyes. "Anyways, how are you liking vampirism, Mazavir?"

"Who is she?" Vayle says, nodding towards me. "How do you know her?"

"Her name is Arlex." Mazavir states. "Shes the one that bit me."

"If I would've known that a few minutes ago, I definitely would've killed her." She moves into a fighting stance.

"No, Vayle." Mazavir says. "She's a vampire. She'll be able to help me. She can teach me how to be a vampire without turning into a thrall."

"I suppose I could." I state with a slight smile. "On one condition."

"What's that?" Vayle frowns, crossing her arms again.

"You get Vexel and Ezara to let me join you in fighting the vampires. You see, I never liked that witch that calls herself their master. I'm itching for my revenge."