Hostility

Vexel POV

I step back into Necropolis. The vampire attacks had slowed down since Ezara and I came to Necropolis. I had just returned from aiding a small village.

I enter the room I had been keeping my things in. I change out of my armor and into something else. I leave my room and hear voices in the distance. I follow them.

The hallway opened into a training room. Several apprentices were in there, either training or talking. There were various training dummies and wooden weapons around the room. I sit down, glancing around.

I notice hostile voices coming from a corner of the room. I see a group of them talking.

"Leave me alone." Someone says loudly. I recognize the voice. It was Lodhir.

Another apprentice laughs. He had long blonde hair that was tied up. "Or what?" He responds. "We all know you don't actually know any necromancy."

"I'll hurt you, Daer." Lodhir responds. "I'm warning you."

Daer just laughs again. He looks around at the other apprentices. "He thinks he can beat me in a fight." He smiles at the others. "Duel me then, weakling." Daer says, getting in a fighting stance.

The other apprentices back up to reveal Lodhir. Daer creates a spear of bone. Lodhir stands with his arms in front of him. He was concentrating on Daer and ignoring the other apprentices. I knew what he was doing. I knew he wasn't strong enough to hurt Daer severely.

Daer raises his spear and begins to charge Lodhir. He freezes and the spear drops to the floor. Lodhir takes a step forward, pushing through the air. Daer is knocked off his feet, landing hard on his back. Lodhir stands over him, holding Daer pinned to the ground.

"What the?" Daer says. "I can't move!" Another apprentice steps forward and shoves Lodhir. He falls to the ground and Daer jumps to his feet. He picks up his fallen spear.

"I'm going to kill you!" Daer shouts, holding the spear above Lodhir. He was seething in anger. The apprentice that shoved him puts a foot on Lodhir's chest. Lodhir's face twists with fear.

I didn't think, I just acted. I stand up and dash towards them. I grab Daer's spear before it could stab Lodhir. I shove him back. The other apprentice creates a bone dagger I turn towards him, but Daer stabs me in the side with the spear.

I grab the other apprentice's hand before he could stab me with the dagger. I shove him backwards and trap him in a bone prison. He squirms but he fails to escape. I turn towards Daer. He held the bloody spear still.

I take a deep breath and stand in the same stance Lodhir had. I manipulate the blood in Daer's body. He freezes again, dropping the spear. I make him fall to his knees.

"That isn't how a true necromancer acts." I state. "You have no idea who I am, do you?" I release him. He breathes heavily, staring up at me.

"I don't care, old man." Daer responds, grabbing for his spear again. I pick it up. I press the blade to his neck.

"You should." I state.

Daer looks at the other apprentices then laughs again. He grabs the spear and tries to take it from me. I hold onto it. He tugs again but I don't give it up. I rip it from his hands and toss it aside.

"I'm stronger than you, Daer." I say. He stands up and gets into a fighting stance. I glance at the other apprentices, they looked nervous. "Don't fight him, Daer." A female apprentice states. "You can't win this time."

"Everyone here has grown weak." Daer says. "I've been training a lot. I could take anyone here, even you."

I pause, glancing around. I take a deep breath and two portals open on either side of me. Two demons step out. They were large and covered in muscle. They both carried large axes. The other apprentices start taking step backwards. I glance at the demons then back to Daer.