Chapter 10: Operation Fallen City

Thursday

Date: 8/29/30

Time: 12:00 Hours

Location: Operation Fallen City Staging Grounds, Fort Liberty, North Carolina

Currently Assigned Task/Role: Clear and Secure Mt. Glenn

Unit Designation: 82nd Airborne Division, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault),  XVIII Airborne Corps

The lead C-17A then got on comms as they prepared to take off as the engines and other C-17A's did the same right behind the lead or on a different runway.

Gryphon 0-1: Pope Tower this is Gryphon 0-1, requesting takeoff clearance for Runway 01, C-17A, moving East, with Information Alpha.

Pope Tower: Roger, Gryphon 0-1, standby.

Pope tower then took a look at all the information, seeing if Gryphon was clear.

Pope Tower: Gryphon 0-1 this is Pope Tower. 1300 Zulu. Wind 090 at 12, visibility 8 statute miles, sky scattered at 3,000 feet, temperature 25, dew point 20. Altimeter 29.98. Expect visual approach. Notice to airmen, bird activity vicinity of the airfield. Advise on initial contact you have information Alpha, ready to taxi. Departure Frequency 124.1, squawk 0321.

Gryphon 0-1: Cleared for takeoff from Runway 01, C-17A. Departure frequency will be 124.1, squawk 0321.

Pope Tower: Copy, You are cleared for takeoff on Runway 1. Wind 90. Maintain runway heading until reaching 1,500 feet, then proceed on course. Good luck with the paratrooper jump! Godspeed 0-1 and have a good flight.

Gryphon 0-1: Thank you Tower, Gryphon 0-1 out.

The C-17A started to take off as the rest of the other C-17A's started to follow their lead aircraft as they took off towards Mt. Glenn. Meanwhile at another part of Pope Field, Bell V-280 Valor's were taking off with the soldiers from the 101st Airborne/Air Assault. 

Meanwhile at another part of the United States, high command thought it was a good idea to send a new naval formation, this time, the USS John F. Kennedy with Carrier Strike Group 11 which will be taking the place of the USS Makin Island Expeditionary Strike Group. Ever since the Grimm were learned to be smarter, the USS Makin Island's group were underprepared with only limited Harrier's and F-35B's.  

Time: 12:30 Hours

Location: Mt. Glenn, International Land

Currently Assigned Task/Role: Clear A Landing Zone For The 82nd Airborne Division.

Unit Designation: 1st Brigade, 2nd Brigade, 10th Mountain Division.

Personnel ID: Colonel Douglas Combs, Callsign Alpine 0-1, 1st Brigade Commander. Colonel Wayne Howell, Callsign Cobra 0-1, 2nd Brigade Commander

Douglas: Move! Move! Move! Get those fucking logs outta here! 

Wayne: Get your asses over here Charlie and move the logs!

The 1st and 2nd Brigade of 10,000 soldiers were moving logs around are chopping logs as the explosions of Artillery were heard from the Fire Support Base as B-21 and B-52 bombers were seen overhead flying in different formations.

Douglas and Wayne then helped two Privates and a Corporal lift a massive log as they carried it to a massive stack of other logs.

Douglas then looked up to see the final run of B-21 and B-52's as he watched the massive bombs fall from the sky before exploding as a bright flame was seen in the distance.