~ Chapter Four ~

Before you even realised, a week flew by. Things started to feel more and more regular, the boys arguing constantly, meeting with Erina before and after school, and it was almost like the idea of your mother had slipped your mind.

You admire your form in your school uniform, feeling quite pretty today. Your favourite lace-up brown boots accompanying the outfit provided by the school. A maid entered with a comb and some fancy clips as you sat on the edge of the bed. She sat behind you and began styling your hair all pretty and neat.

As she finishes and leaves you bow in thanks. Finally ready, you head downstairs only to see Dio and Mr.Joestar but Jo Jonathan.

"Good morning, Mr. Joestar. Where is Jojo?" You asked softly.

"Unfortunately, Jojo had caught a common cold, so he won't be attending school today." He explains.

"Oh no, I hope he recovers fast," you say, glancing at Dio, whose cold eyes were glued onto you.

Mr. Joestar then leads the two of you to the carriage. You hop on the front side of the carriage, expecting to be sitting next to Mr. Joestar. However, Dio beats the old man to it and sits next to you. Like right next to you. You squirm in your seat a bit, trying to gain some space from him.

He sighs and moves away a bit, so there's a small gap between you. The carriage ride felt like forever until it finally stopped at the school gates. You watched as Dio got out and held the carriage door open for you and offered his hand out for you, his facial expression blank but his eyes... strangely sincere.

Hesitantly, you took his hand and stepped down. As you glanced up at him, you noticed a slight smile plastered across his cheeks, but it seemingly vanished as you blinked.

Maybe you were imagining things.

You curtsey and smile at him. "Thank you, Dio," he hummed back at you in  response.

"Not a problem at all, my lady~" he cooed, his breath curled with a flirtatious tone. You couldn't help but blush qt the little formality. It's not uncommon that Dio would refer to you as 'My lady', but it still caught you off guard each time he would.

You began walking with Dio, not realising your hand was still in his. You quickly pulled away, "a-ah sorry..." You said quietly. He smirked. "What's wrong? Scared people might assume something about us?~"

"No, that's not it! Uh- not that I'm saying I don't want to be with you.. I mean, not be with you, but near you I-..." You sighed, giving up. Dio chuckled.

"So if I asked you out, you wouldn't say yes?" He hummed, teeth glistening in the sun. It was clear he was toying with you. Right?...

"Uhhhh..." Cheeks hotter than lava, you avoided eye contact with him.

"You want me, don't you.~" he purred, his voice hot as if he was right by ur ear.

"If you must excuse me, Dio, I have a class to tend to..." You say, face that was once flushed now turned into annoyance. Of course, he isn't serious. You hurridly rush away from him, feeling his eyes burn into your soul as you rush away.

After class, you ended up sitting alone by the field alone. Turns out Erina was also sick. She allegedly caught it from her mother. It must be how Jojo caught it. You eye off your lunch that the maids packed you. It smelled like heaven. It was a bun with Silverstein, a few salads to accommodate, and some homemade sauce on it as well.

You were about to dig in when you suddenly hear the sound of feet in the grass behind you. You look over your shoulder to see Golden waves that blew effortlessly, despite the lack of wind. Heavy golden orbs penetrated yours as he stood next to you.