-- Control --

-- V --

I was minding my own business, tidying rooms and dusting corners. I noticed J come into the room I was in. "Hey, J!" I greeted my friend while stepping off the ladder I was atop to dust some high shelves. "Hey V. Have you seen the other Workers today?" J said. "No, I was alone the entire day. Is something happening?" I replied, shaking my head. 

"Strange things. A lot of the Workers are talking weird, and I swear none of them look like they've been chugging gasoline. They seem fine, but once you approach them, you can see them looking like someone put them on strings and danced them around." She said, moving her hands around to emphasize.

That's... troubling. I hope N's okay. I thought. J must have guessed my mind, cause she said reassuringly: "Don't worry, your little dove is okay. Didn't really see him today, other then from the distance. He's fine, V."

I sighed in relief. "Thanks for letting me know, J." I said. J smiled. "No problem. Stay safe." She said, and left. I went back up the ladder to continue dusting the shelves. When I was done, I went the quarters for a break. I laid down on my bed and shut down to go to sleep.

My dreams were frightful this night. I could imagine menacing creatures beyond my comprehension, and I couldn't wake up until morning. My body felt cold and frail, and I could only silently scream. The clock chimed, and I woke up immediately. I hyperventilated for about 10 minutes before calming myself down.

I stared at the pouring rain outside my window and then shadows overwhelmed me. I felt unconscious for an hour. What I did I couldn't see.