Chapter 3

Narrator's Pov:

It was the next morning, and Y/N woke up to the morning sun, shining through the bedroom window.

They groaned in annoyance and pulled the pillow over their face, but shortly after, there was a knock on the door.

"Good morning, sleepy head. Breakfast is ready." (FC/N) said, but it was slightly muffled since he was on the other side of the door.

They replied with a tired 'Okay, be right there' and slipped out of bed.

Y/N got changed and put their hair into a ponytail.

Y/N grabbed their headphone, bags, and headed down stairs.

--------------

After they were done with breakfast,
Y/N helped with the dishes, then headed out to explore the area.

They left the house and walked down the path into town.

There was a nice breeze, and it was pretty peaceful.. well until a voice sort of ruined it.

"Well, well, well.. if it isn't another tourist. Tch- is this what this town has become?" Y/N turned around to see a girl with black and red hair.. In fact, they recognised her as the girl from yesterday.

"How pathetic.. Hey, I have an idea! Why don't I battle you." She snickered.

"Alright." Y/N said blankly, not interested to give her a reaction to her snobby behaviour.

------------

Y/N's Pov:

The battle was over quite quickly, and the girl looked shocked.

"How are you so strong!?" I smiled.

"Let's say that I've been to more than one region and beat many strong trainers." I said calmly, then walked away before she could throw a tantrum or something similar to that.

---------------

I head out of town to see what kind of wild pokemon live around this part of this region, and it was quite interesting to see new and familiar pokemon.

About two hours passed, and I decided to set up a picnic.

I made sandwiches and sliced some berries.

Once done preparing, me and my team and I had a lunch break and rested for a bit, while some of my pokemon played tag.

Narrator's Pov:

The sun was going to set soon, so Y/N packed up and called their team back to their pokeballs.

The walk back was quiet, but at one point, they couldn't but feel watched.

After they were sure it was nothing too serious, they continued their walk back into town.

The sun had almost set once Y/N returned back to town.

Many people were walking around caring boxes and more, seemingly preparing for something.

They just shrugged and decided to ask their friends' family about it later.

Y/N turned around and walked up the path back to the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~