━ xiii

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "I fucking hate poltergeists

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "I fucking hate poltergeists."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

VENUS LOCKED EYES WITH RICHIE THE JUICE JUNKIE as soon as Jenny opened the front door.

The toddler was holding his cup of juice with a tight grip, his eyes darting between all four adults on his porch before landing on Venus.

Venus didn't even listen as Missouri spoke to Jenny, instead furrowing her brows at the intensity with which the younger boy stared at her. The brunette's surroundings seemed to go silent as she prolonged eye contact with the child for a few seconds longer. But then she heard a small child's voice in her head say–

"I'm cold."

Venus froze, her eyes widening and chills racing down her spine. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence.

The boy smiled at her and looked away, cuddling into his mother's shoulder. 

Venus felt like she couldn't breathe. She must be going insane. That's the only explanation, it had to be.

"Venus."

Dean's voice and touch on her arm brought her breath rushing back into her body. The brunette folded over in a fit of coughs, feeling Dean grab her by the shoulders before she could fall to her knees on the porch.

 "Venus, look at me, what's happening?" Dean leaned in closer and whispered.

Venus eventually gained back control of her breathing and stood to her feet with his help. She looked ahead of her where Sam and Missouri were already walking up the stairs then turned to Dean. "I'm fine," she huffed with a strained smile.

Dean's brows knitted together in concern for the woman. "Don't lie to me, Venus."

"If you can pretend you're fine, then I can too," she waved him off and finally stepped into the house, marching up the stairs and trying not to dwell on what just happened. She'd worry about it when it became a bigger problem than whatever was threatening Jenny's life.