━ xxxvi

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Well that hurt like a bitch

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Well that hurt like a bitch."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

DEAN WAS CONFUSED.

Sam was still angry at him, the younger hunter not even bothering to tell him good night when he settled into his motel bed for the night.

But Venus seemed...unaffected.

Or maybe he was reading her wrong.

She never snapped at him, never yelled at him like Sam did for keeping the secret, she even let him sleep in the second motel bed with her, curling up in his arms like he didn't just drop a life-altering bomb on them mere hours prior.

"Are you okay?" he gently whispered into her ears from behind her.

Venus blinked, clearing her face of her true emotions and plastering a faint smile onto her lips. She carefully turned in his arms, now facing him on the small bed. Even in the darkened room, she could see his eyes as clear as ever, green and twinkling with genuine concern. "I'm okay," she lied.

"You sure you don't want to go sleep with Sam? Or should I take the ground—"

"Stop," she softly cut in, "Why are you trying to punish yourself?"

Dean looked at her in disbelief. He didn't deserve her grace. "Because what I did was wrong."

Venus shrugged. "It was. But you apologized and you acknowledged that it was wrong. That's enough for me."

"You are way too nice sometimes," Dean scoffed, gaining a giggle from her. He smiled at the sound of it; soft, airy, gentle. Everything she was...and everything he wished he could be for her. 

His mind drifted back to earlier that day, how his lying and secrets made her cry. He loathed himself for it. "I'm sorry," he uttered.

Venus' smile faltered. It was his third apology. And this time around it felt even more solemn than before. Considering what she was keeping from him, accepting it felt wrong. So, she leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek, then rested her head in the crook of his neck. "Good night, Dean."