STARBOY | 02

THE TATTOO THAT WAS NOW INKED ON MISO'S SKIN WAS STILL SORE

THE TATTOO THAT WAS NOW INKED ON MISO'S SKIN WAS STILL SORE. It had been a few days since she'd gotten it done, and still, the area was red and throbbing — yet scabbing, which was a good sign.

"You shouldn't have to do that just to fit in." Choi Miso's best friend, Huening Kai firmly stated, shaking his head as he laid across the bottom of her bed; Miso sitting at the top by her many pillows whilst they listened to music and gossiped.

"They make me feel like I do." She shrugged sadly. "It's been hard ever since you moved school... I cant help but feel so alone all the time."

"I know it's hard, but don't you think you should try and hang out with Socs that actually appreciate you?" He questioned, sitting up on her bed to look at her properly. "I mean, if they can make you get a tattoo from the South Side, doesn't it make you wonder what more they can do?"

He was right. They made her modify her body permanently just by blackmailing her. It really did make her wonder what else they were going to do.

Just as the short haired girl parted her lips to reply to her best friend, her actions were halted by her bedroom door flinging open, capturing the pairs attention.

"Me, Jia and Taehee are going to the drive-in." Choi Beomgyu (Miso's older brother) informed, a sigh of annoyance passing his lips. It was almost like he was forced to invite his younger sister and her friend. "Jia wants you to come. So you're free to join, brat."

Immediately, Miso and Kai snapped their heads in one another's direction as a wide beam took over their expressions. Watching a movie together at the drive-in was their idea of fun. They loved sharing a bag of popcorn smothered in butter, whilst drinking full-fat coca-cola together and judging the characters in the movie.

So, without another thought, the duo jumped off of the bed and Miso slipped on her white, shiny slip ons, before hurrying down the stairs with her best friend behind her.

"Slow down, Gyu!" Moon Jia demanded, yelling at her boyfriend as he drove way over the speed limit. "I mean it, Beomgyu! You're gonna hit someone!"

The boy was taking no notice of his angered girlfriend, as a smirk appeared on his peach lips and the sound of the engine roaring could be heard from a mile a way as he increased the speed.

Huffing in annoyance, Miso rolled her eyes and sat forward before sending a harsh slap onto her brothers shoulder.

"Get a grip, you ditz! You're driving like one of those South Siders!" She insulted, earning an eye roll in return.

"You guys need to lighten up. Have some fun in life." Beomgyu expressed, chuckling as he took a sharp turn, causing the four other passengers to hold on.

After another five minutes of reckless driving, Beomgyu eventually pulled up to the drive-in, parking his car and immediately, everybody climbed out.

"Where are you all going?" The boy questioned, confused. It was a drive-in after all. Sitting in your cars and watching the movie was what you were meant to do.