Four

James and marley had returned to school, and marley knew she had five minutes until she met the walters outside. He was already late for football practice otherwise he would've waited with her.

She noticed a lonely danny at his locker, reading through a textbook. "Hey, Danny." She greeted him, leaning herself up against the locker beside his. "I covered for you again in history class." The boy said, jokingly rolling his eyes.

Marley smiled, "and that is why you're the better twin." Pinching his cheek with her hand, which was quickly swatted away by his.

Danny had an uncomfortable look on his face before he spoke. "Look, marley," he started. Marley already knew where he was going with this. "He misses you. I can tell, we've got that twin telepathy thing."

Marley sighed. "If he really missed me, danny, he wouldn't be ignoring me for a year." She told him.

"I know, but you also know cole. He's... cole. He's got this whole stubborn thing going on at the minute." Danny said, a frown forming its way onto his face.

Marley didn't know what to say, but just then the school bell rang, which meant it was three thirty. The two went out to the parking lot to meet the rest of the walters.

Marley looked up to the sky to see the dark clouds forming over Colorado, a light rumble of thunder joining it.

As they all piled into the car, there was a spare seat. "Wait, wait. Where's Jackie?" Marley asked, to which the boys shrugged their shoulders at.

"It's three-thirty two. She's late." Cole said as he started the engine, getting ready to head home without the girl.

"What, no! It's her first day." Marley exclaimed, but cole didn't listen, the car starting to move. "Stop the car and let me out." Marley protested.

Everyone turned and gave her a bewildered look. "What, no. It's about to rain, you'll freeze to death." Nathan said worryingly.

Marley scoffed. "Well, at least both me and Jackie will be drowned rats together then." She said in a huff before opening the truck door and then slamming it shut.

Cole rolled the car until his side met marley. "Get in the car." He said with a straight face. Marley didn't even look at him.

Spits of rain began to hit her forehead. Cole noticed. "Marls, just get in the car." He exclaimed, although, both of them looked at each other the moment his sentence ended.

He hadn't used her nickname in over a year.

The nickname he gave her.

The rest of the boys in the car gave each other looks, as Issac pretended to eat pop corn as if he was watching a rom com.

Still, marley ignored him, looking anywhere but at his face. The face that she used to rarely be able to say no to.

Cole shrugged. "Fine, suit yourself." He huffed before driving off.

The rain got heavier by the minute, and marley had soon regretted waiting for Jackie. She decided she would walk back to the walters, as it was only about a fifteen minute walk from the school.

As she walked down the road, a car slowed down behind her. She turned around to see the same Walter truck, but only cole sat in it this time.

As she sped up her walking, he sped up the car, maintaining the perfect speed to catch up to her.

"Marley get in the car, you're gonna get sick." Cole sighed, sounding like an annoyed father. Still, marley ignored him.

Suddenly, the truck stopped, coles car door opening. Marley slowed down her steps. "Marley, get in the fucking car." Cole shouted out of annoyance, although it was muffled due to the heavy rain.

Marley turned around to face him, her once golden blonde hair now turned brown and sticking to her shoulders. "No." She shook her head.

Cole rubbed his hand on his head, getting more pissed off with the girl by the second. "If I have to throw you over my shoulder and carry you myself, I will." He blanked.

Marley scoffed, letting a laugh escape her lips. "Yeah, right."

She turned to walk back around until a strong hand went across her waist, scooping her up in one motion. And like that, she was over Cole's shoulders.

"Wha—hey!" She said, confused on how he done it so smoothly. She couldn't see, but cole had a slight smile on his face as he felt her trying to struggle out of his grip.

He opened the car door and gently set the girl in. She looked up at him, his blonde hair stuck to his forehead due to the rain. She saw the smile he had on his face. She hadn't saw that smile in what felt like a lifetime.

When she saw that smile, everything was forgiven between them. She couldn't resist it.

That damn Cole Walter effect.

They continued to stare at each other, waiting on the other to talk, but they didn't. It was on the tips of their tongues, but they just couldn't get it out.

A loud crash of thunder echoed the sky, causing marley to jump, both the teens breaking eye contact. Out of instinct, cole shielded marleys small frame with his body.

After, he got into his side of the truck and started the engine. Marley stared out the window the whole time. Cole spared her a glance every few moments, noticing that she was now shivering.

He slowed the car down before reaching into the back and grabbing her his sweater he had left in there earlier.

He threw it over to her side, it landing on her lap. She looked down at it for a second before putting it on, immediately feeling warmer. "Thanks— wait, where are we going?" Marley questioned as she looked back outside her car window, noticing they were going in the complete opposite direction of the Walter house.

She looked over at cole and noticed his jaw was tense. "Cole..." she said quietly. Cole almost folded at the sound of her voice saying his name.

"Going somewhere where we can talk," he said, looking over at her. "Where we can properly talk."

——

You should expect a LOT of rain scenes between them xxx
Don't forget to vote!!!!!