Six

Throwback

It was a week before the crash happened, and everything was normal. Marley lay on the couch in the walters house, bored out of her mind.

"Hello, sunshine." Cole smiled, looking down at the girl.

She huffed. "No, immediately no." Cole gasped sarcastically. "Oh, come on. You don't even know what I'm going to say."

"Every time you call me sunshine you want something from me." She said, giving him a knowinf look.

Cole pondered for a second before blurting it out. "Okay but I'm not going to this party unless you come because if you don't come then it's lame." He said quickly, trying to get all of his words out before she could say no again.

Marley looked at him, and god could she ever say no to his pretty smile and blue eyes. "I'll stay for one drink." She huffed.

They drank until the sun rose.

"Marls, he's flirting with you!" Marleys friend, brooke exaggerated. It was true, he was.

"That's just cole." She rolled her eyes, taking another sip of her strong drink, screwing up her face slightly.

Cole sauntered over at the sound of his name, placing a heavy arm around marley, his fingers beginning to play with her hair. Brooke gave them both a knowing look. "Did I hear my name?" He smirked, looking between the two girls.

Marley jokingly scoffed. "In your dreams, cowboy." This only egged cole on further. "You are in my dreams saying my name." He whispered in her ear.

Marley immediately felt butterflies in her stomach, so she quickly shoved him off, giving him a playful smirk. "Home time for you, bro."

Coles face dropped, his mouth hanging ajar. "B-brooke did you hear that?! 'Bro'?!" He exaggerated, earning a laugh from brooke.

Marley dragged him out of the party, only to realise that the sun was about to rise. Cole and marley gave each other a small glance of worry before bursting into laughter.

"See, your more drunk than me!" He said through broken laughter. Marley couldn't stop laughing at literally nothing.

Cole threw her his shoulder and began to walk home. He set her down around five minutes in, taking a slower pace now.

"I know why you're called marley." He stated out of the blue, causing marley to scrunch up her eyebrows. Now that she had fresh air she was feeling more sober. "And why am I called marley, cole?" She questioned.

"Because... your dads favourite song is 'could you be loved' by Bob Marley, and that so happens to be your favourite song." He said in a matter of fact tone.

"And because we love jamaica. It's been dads dream to go there, since, like, forever." She stated, swinging her and coles conjoined hands.

As they walked past marleys house, an idea sprung to mind. "Hey... let's go in for a bit. Jude's still at college and my parents are at yours." She said.

Cole laughed, bringing the girl in closer to him. "Just say you want me in your bed, marls." He joked.

They entered the house and went straight up to her room. Marley had a balcony which was the perfect place to watch sunrises. She handed cole a bottle of water. "Drink up, bro." She joked, knowing how annoyed he got before.

They both settled down on the ground, marley immediately laying her head on his shoulder. "You know you don't see me as a 'bro'," he said, causing marley to giggle.

"Oh, yeah? And why's that?"

Cole turned his head to her, causing marley to look at him. She almost melted anytime she looked directly at him.

"Because we're gonna get married some day." He said bluntly, no humour in his tone. Marley, still being a little buzzed, began to laugh. "What?"

"I'm serious, marls. I'm gonna promise you. We're getting married. Whether you like it or not." He said with a smile, caused from her infectious laughter.

"Okay, we'll get married, cole."

With the warm, summer Colorado sun hitting them, they soon became warm. Cole began to unbutton his baby blue shirt he had on. Of course, marley stared.

Cole smirked, "oh, come on marley. Just say you want me." He joked, his voice laced with a flirty tone.

This was the farthest cole and marleys flirting ever went. He would say something totally gross and marley would push him away, pretending that she didn't love every minute of it.

But marley wanted to see just how far cole Walter would go. And who would be the first one to break.

"And what would you do if I said that I wanted you." A playful glint covered her eyes, causing cole to raise his eyebrows, butterflies flooding his stomach.

He laughed nervously, not knowing how to take the girl. Whether she was being serious or just kidding around. He really hoped she was serious. "You already know what would happen." He told her, looking into her eyes, poking his tongue inside his cheek.

He was testing her, so she was going to test him back.

"Why don't you show me, tough guy." She whispered, playing with the ends of her hair innocently. She knew he loved that.

Cole looked between her eyes and her lips, their faces already being inches apart. Obviously, cole being cole, he would never let someone win a showdown against him.

"You asked for it," he muttered before smashing his lips against hers. Marley was surprised, but the feeling of his lips against hers instantly made her melt.

They pulled back, both looking at each other with confused eyes. Did that really happen?

Cole instantly got nervous. "Marley..." he said softly. Without thinking, marley kissed him again, but more passionately this time.

His hand cupped the back of her head, pulling her closer. Marley moved over, now straddling the boy as she ran her hands through his messy hair.

Cole picked her up with one swift motion, placing messy kisses over her neck and chest as he walked her to the bed.

He leaned gently on top of her, now placing gentle kisses all over her face, causing marley to giggle gently.

This was the moment they had both been waiting on.

Cole gave her a look before removing her top, to which marley immediately consented to. His kisses dragged down her body, going from her lips, to her neck, to her chest and then down her stomach before making his way back up to her lips.

Marley reached down to his jeans, beginning to undo his belt. Cole stopped kissing her for a minute, both of them out of breathe.

"Are you sure?" He asked her sincerely, placing a gentle hand on her cheek. Marley pulled his face closer to hers, placing a small kiss on his lips.

"Positive."