Seven

Marley slept in Cole's bed that night, as he kindly offered it to her and agreed to sleep on the couch.

The school mornings at the Walter residence was hell. Marley had been waiting thirty minutes for her turn in the shower, as lee was spending the entire time making sure his hair looked perfect.

As soon as he left, she slipped in before anyone else could. She got a quick shower before wrapping herself up in a towel and washing her face.

She heard some hustle outside the bathroom, something along the lines of "no, Jackie! Everyone knows marley gets the bathroom privileges over everyone, use the one downstairs."

Marley exited the bathroom after she had put on her outfit. "Finally!" Danny exaggerated before running into the bathroom and locking the door.

Marley looked around the hallway, filled with bustling kids, hurrying to get ready for school. But something was missing, someone was missing.

She walked into cole and Danny's shared bedroom to find cole sprawled out on his bed, completely conked out.

Marley smiled as his mouth hung slightly ajar. Until she realised the time. "Shit, cole!" She yelled, urging the boy to wake up before he missed school.

He groggily threw his duvet over his face, shielding himself from both the sunlight and the wrath of marley hunter.

She quickly grabbed the duvet off him and threw it to the floor. He wore nothing but grey sweatpants.

"Dude! I could've been naked." He huffed, rubbing his eyes as he sat up on his bed. "Like you would've cared." Marley raised an eyebrow at him.

He squinted an eye at her. "I'm so tired, that couch is unbearable sometimes." He sighed, standing up and getting a drink of water.

"I told you I would take the couch."

Cole got a glance of the time. "Shit!" He said quickly, grabbing all of his clothes and heading for the bathroom. As he exited the room, he quickly came back in to give marley a quick kiss on the top of her head. "Morning," he said quickly before rushing off again.

Marley smiled, "morning to you too, cowboy!"

——

The rest of the school day was boring, and marley had mainly slept the most of it. She never understood how cole could sleep comfortably in that bed of his.

She walked through the hallway until she felt a heavy hand on her shoulder. She spun around to see cole and danny. When you saw one of the twins, you knew the other was bound to be lurking around somewhere.

Marley loved that she was best friends with the twins. Of course, she loved all of the Walters, but she always had a special place in her heart for cole and danny.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favourite person." She smiled. "Oh, hey, cowboy." She joked at the blonde boy before wrapping her arm around danny, pulling him into a side hug.

Cole fake laughed, "yeah, you're lucky you said that after we put bleach in Jackie's shampoo." Marley snapped her head around at the boy. "You did what?"

Danny immediately felt the tension, so he decided that he would try and casually sneak off before getting caught in the crossfire. "Danny, come here now." Marley said in a stern voice, which made danny wince.

She got the two boys up against the locker, both looking at her with apologetic faces. "You guys did what exactly?"

Danny burst. "Marley, I swear it was all cole, issac and lees idea! I only found out after it was done, it was all them!" He said quickly, earning a shoulder barge and a side eye from cole. "Not cool, bro."

Marley bit her cheek, now turning her gaze to cole. "Why would you do that? Don't you think she's had it hard enough as it is?" She questioned him, a hint of hurt lacing her tone at the thought of her best friend doing something so harsh. The hurt in her voice pained cole.

"I- marley— it was a joke, okay?" He tried explaining, but marley merely rolled her eyes and began to walk away.

Danny immediately sped off, not wanting to get yelled at by marley even more, but cole followed her.

"No, no, no. Hey, come on, marls," he grabbed the side of her neck gently, turning her face around to look at him. "Let me make it up to you." He offered, a hopeful look glinting his eyes.

Marley let a baffled look make its way onto her face. "You wanna make it up to me?! Cole, seriously. Go make it up to her instead."

Cole sighed. "I don't care if she hates me. Id rather her hate me forever than have you be mad at me for a few hours." He said honestly.

Marley didn't say anything, but cole could tell she was biting back a smile at his words. He grabbed both her hands, "come on, I'll make it up to you. I'll do it right now." He practically begged.

Marley scoffed, "ugh, fine. But don't think that your stupid puppy dog eyes work. Because they don't." She huffed, now following cole to the exit of the school.

Cole smirked. "They've been working on you since the third grade, sunshine. But whatever helps you sleep at night."

——

Sos for not updating I've been super busy with school and work

Also I've decided to scrap the whole James cole marley love triangle bc tbh I cba with it LOL

Also if there is mistakes pls leave me alone it's half past one in the morning over here in Ireland AND YOUR GIRL IS TIREDDD