Ch 13.☘︎ ݁˖

જ⁀➴🖤⃝🤍𓆰♕𓆪Taehyung's POV:

જ⁀➴🖤⃝🤍𓆰♕𓆪
Taehyung's POV:

The room erupted into cheers and hooting. It was rare to see a girl proposing to a boy and the sight was something of a marvel for everyone present. Friends were elbowing each other, grinning ear to ear and some of the girls were visibly tearing up.

But Alex looked like he had just been hit by a truck. His eyes were wide, his mouth slightly open in shock. Panic seems to seize him and he turned wildly to Kevin who was standing nearby with a grin on his face.

"Kev, am I dreaming? Give me a punch. Quick!"

Kevin's grin widened into a mischievous smirk. He never missed an opportunity like this. With a quick wink, he wound up and delivered a solid punch right into Alex's gut, not too hard but enough to make him double over with a grunt.

"Ow!" Alex gasped, clutching his stomach. The sharp pain shot through him dispelling any doubts he had. It wasn't a dream-this was real. He straightened up, still wincing slightly but now with a look of clarity in his eyes.

He turned back to Jules who was still kneeling, watching him with round eyes. Without another moment of hesitation, Alex pulled her up from the ground and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her face all over with a joy. He kissed her cheeks, her forehead, her nose and finally her lips as the crowd around them went wild.

The room exploded with noises. Most of the people were their age, young and full of life and they were quick to cheer and shout playful comments.

"That's right! Show us how it's done, Alex!"

"Men in love are the most adorable puppies!"

Laughter and teasing filled the room but it was all in good fun. There was an undeniable warmth in the air.

But not everyone reacted the same way. A few of the older folks who had been invited were blushing, hiding their smiles behind their hands or napkins. Public displays of affection weren't exactly their style.

After a blissful eternity, the couple finally pulled away from each other, breathless and smiling like they had just won the lottery. Jules pulled out the ring from the box and Alex held out his hand without a word. She slid the ring onto his finger and he did the same with her ring. The A♡J glinted in the dim light.

The room was filled with the sound of applause, whistles and more cheers as they officially sealed their commitment to each other.

In the midst of it all, I stood off to the side, clapping and shouting along with the crowd. My voice was the loudest and full of joy. "Kiss! Kiss again!" I shouted, even though they were already finished with their display.

I was their best friend who had watched this love story from the very beginning. The pride swelling in my chest was almost too much to bear. It was like watching my own children grow up, get married and start a life together. I could hardly believe it.