1 • The Enchanted Promise

The soft glow of fairy lights adorned the backyard of the Mahajan house, casting a warm ambiance over the garden. Neil and Yuvika stood near a beautifully decorated gazebo, surrounded by blooming flowers and the gentle rustling of leaves in the evening breeze. The air was filled with the sweet fragrance of jasmine and roses.

Neil, in a perfectly tailored suit, looked into Yuvika's eyes with a twinkle of excitement. Yuvika, in an elegant traditional attire, blushed as she felt the warmth of Neil's gaze.

"Yuvika can you believe? Hamari shaadi hone wali hai?", said Neil. He softly pulled Yuvika closer to him and rested his arm on her shoulder. Yuvika smiled back at him and replied, "sab kuch kitna magical lag raha hai na?"

They both stood under the gazebo, surrounded by the soft glow of lights, creating a romantic and intimate atmosphere. Neil took Yuvika's hand in his and continued, "Thank you Yuvika! Thank you meri life me ane ke liye. Tum mere liye bahot special ho. You made my life special too" Yuvika giggled. She gently squeezed his hand and replied, "Neil! Maine kabhi nahi socha tha ke mujhe tum jaisa koi perfect partner mil sakta hai. I am grateful ke tum meri zindagi me ho"

Neil leaned onto her a little. Yuvika blushed. He continued, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!"

"Me either!" Yuvika looked around the beautiful gazebo and exclaimed. "waise maanna padega! tumhari secretary ne kaafi achi decoration karwai hai!". Neil's eyes widened. He made a puppy face and replied, "Excuse me Ms. Mahajan! Yeh saari decoration maine khud karwai hai!" Yuvika looked at his puppy face. She pulled his cheeks and said, "aacha?!"

"Haan!"

As Neil and Yuvika were immersed in their moment, the soft rustle of footsteps approached. Dadababu, Vidur and Bhoomi moved towards the couple, their smiles reflecting the joy of the occasion.

"Toh tum dono yahan ho!",said Dadababu. He went near Neil and gave him a pat on the back. Neil smiled.

"Waise Neil! Decoration bahot achi hai! Lekin ab tumne Yuvika ke standards kuch zyada hi high kardiya hai. I hope tum zindagi bhar yeh standard maintain kar pao!",said Bhoomi. Yuvika's cheeks turned red. She knew her mom was teasing her and she felt shy.

"Aap tension mat lijiye aunty. I'm not letting Yuvika get a chance to complain!"

Dadababu, Vidur, and Bhoomi exchanged knowing glances, appreciating the sweet exchange between the couple.

Bhoomi smirked and said,"sambhal ke Neil! Asli tension toh shaadi ke baad aati hai!"

"Mummy aap bhi na!",said Yuvika. Bhoomi spread out her arms for a hug and Yuvika cuddled her mom.

The group shared a hearty laugh, their laughter merging with the soft music playing in the background. As they continued to exchange light banter, Neil and Yuvika felt surrounded by the warmth and love of their families, making their engagement ceremony even more memorable and cherished.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

"Aap sabka yahan aane ke liye bahot bahot shukriya. The Mahajans and The Bharadwajs couldn't be more happier to see their close associates raise their hands to give the soon-to-be wedded ones their heartful blessings",said Arjun, as he attended the guests.

"Toh kyun na aaj ki shaam aur bhi zyada khass banadi jaye?",added Isha,as she went up the stage. Bhoomi smiled at her kids while DJ rolled his eyes. Isha continued, "So let's give a big round of applause for our soon-to-be Mr and Mrs Bharadwaj!"

Neil and Yuvika looked at each other with smiling faces. Neil extended his hand to her, which she quickly accepted. The couple stepped onto the stage, the world around them fading as the spotlight focused solely on their entwined figures. Isha, with a mischievous glint in her eyes, went and took her place beside her mom.