3 • The Weight of Unremembered Past

Yuvika walked into the Mahajan house, her steps hesitant and her eyes filled with confusion. The familiar surroundings seemed like a distant memory, as if the walls held secrets she couldn't unlock. She traced her fingers along the furniture, attempting to jog her memory, but the details remained elusive.

Bhoomi, sensing Yuvika's distress, approached her with a comforting smile. "Yuvika, tu fikar mat kar. Dheere dheere sab thik hojayega. Bas apne aap ko thoda time de."

Tears welled up in Yuvika's eyes as she struggled to piece together fragments of her past. "Par mummy, I feel lost. Mujhe aisa lag raha hai jaise main khudko bhool chuki hun"

Bhoomi hugged her gently. "Yuvii! Relax. Sab thik hojayega. Hum sab tere saath hai"

Meanwhile, in a shadowed corner, Gargi and DJ exchanged triumphant glances. Gargi couldn't hide her delight, and DJ's ambition shone through his eyes. They huddled together, whispering about the potential power shift.

"DJ! Dekh rahe ho na tum?," Gargi said, a devious smile playing on her lips.

DJ nodded, his eyes fixed on Yuvika and Bhoomi. "Yes mom! Aur samjh bhi gaya!"

Gargi leaned in, her voice hushed but dripping with anticipation. "DJ, Yuvika is medically unfit. Toh phir kal board members ki meeting me, she won't be announced the chairperson. Tumhe bas iss baat ka fayda uthana hai."

DJ grinned, already envisioning himself in the coveted chairperson role. "Don't worry Mom! Humein bas Yuvika ko aur zyada confuse karna hai. Usse Mahajan office se door rakhna hai"

As Yuvika and Bhoomi continued their conversation, DJ and Gargi strategically positioned themselves to overhear any revealing snippets of the ongoing discussion. Gargi's eyes glinted with ambition, and DJ's mind was already crafting a narrative that would paint him as the perfect replacement.

Gargi whispered, "Lekin iss baat ki kisiko idea nahi honi chahiye. We've to make sure that this stays between us. Act sympathetic towards your 'sister'"

DJ nodded in agreement. "Ofcourse!"

The two schemers discreetly observed Yuvika, who was now sitting on the sofa, a look of despair on her face. Bhoomi continued to offer words of comfort, completely unaware of the ulterior motives brewing in the shadows.

As Yuvika leaned on Bhoomi for support, unaware of the scheming happening in the background, the Mahajan house became a battleground of emotions-hope, heartbreak, and hidden agendas.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

Yuvika, seeking solace, turned to Isha. They sat in the quiet corner of Yuvika's room, surrounded by photos that felt like strangers to her.

"Isha," Yuvika began hesitantly, "Maine hospital me ek engagement ring dekha tha. Woh kahan se aya?"

Isha sighed, recognizing the delicate situation. "Di! It was your engagement ring. Accident se pehle, aap ki aur Neil jiju ki engagement hui thi"

Yuvika's eyes widened in surprise. "Neil?? Engagement?"

Isha nodded sympathetically. "Di ap aur Neil ek dusre se bahot pyaar karte the. And you got decided to make it official. Infact accident ke din bhi aap Neil ke liye birthday surprise lene ke liye nikle the. Kya aapko kuch yaad nahi?"

Yuvika's brow furrowed as she tried to grasp the emotions tied to the missing memories. "Mujhe kuch yaad kyun nahi hai? I only remember that he was Vidur uncle's son. Kyun?"

Isha explained gently, "Dii, Neil ne apki bahot help ki hai. Unhone hamesha aapko first priority banakar rakha hai. Apko abhi yaad nahi araha hai but trust me, Neil bahot ache hai"