5. Maya Wakes Up

Hey guys! This is the official 5th Chapter. Hope you like it!!!!!

PS: Maya Khanna, Dhananjay Rathore and all other characters are my OG Characters. All rights a reserved on them.

5. Maya Wakes Up

Maya wakes up the next day from unconsciousness. She opens her eyes and slowly takes in her surroundings, realizing that she is in the hospital ward. To her surprise, both her parents are by her side, engaged in a conversation. She can't help but feel relieved and grateful to see them there, their presence providing her with comfort and reassurance.

As Maya continues to observe her surroundings, her eyes catch sight of another familiar face in the room. It's Dhiraj Shah, her brother-like friend, standing quietly nearby. Her surprise grows as she realizes that he has taken the time to visit her during this challenging period. Maya's heart fills with warmth, and she can't help but feel a sense of gratitude for having such a caring and supportive friend like Dhiraj.

Expanding upon the situation, Maya notices that her parents are engaged in a conversation with a doctor. Their hushed voices indicate that they are discussing something important – perhaps about Maya's condition or the events that led to her hospitalization. Maya's curiosity piques, and she wonders what they could be saying. She longs to join in the conversation and gain a clearer understanding of what happened, but her body feels weak and exhausted, reminding her of the need for rest and recovery.

Despite her desire to know more, Maya understands that it's crucial to trust the expertise of the medical professionals and listen to her body's signals. She decides to focus on regaining her strength, hoping that with time, someone will fill her in on the details she's missing.

As Maya reflects on the situation, she feels a mix of emotions – gratitude for her parents' presence, surprise at Dhiraj's unexpected visit, curiosity about their conversation, and the understanding that her recovery requires patience and self-care. With these thoughts filling her mind, Maya closes her eyes and drifts into a peaceful slumber, allowing her body to heal and rejuvenate.

As Maya's gaze shifts to the other side of the room, she recognizes the stranger she had pushed away to keep them safe from an uncontrolled seeding truck. The sight brings a sense of relief, knowing that she had made a difference in someone's life. Maya recalls the chaotic scene from that fateful day - the screeching tires, the blaring horns, and the screams of panic. In that moment of instinctive bravery, Maya had acted without hesitation, using her own strength to shield the stranger from danger. The encounter had been brief, but the memory of it had stayed with Maya, a shimmering glimmer of hope amidst the ever-present darkness.

As she just woke up from being unconscious for over a week, she feels an intense parched sensation in her throat. Her eyes scan the room, searching for something to quench her thirst. In her weakened state, she spots a stainless steel water bottle within reach and extends her arm in an attempt to grab it. However, her lack of strength and coordination, combined with lingering dizziness, causes her to fumble and drop the bottle.

The atmosphere in the ward suddenly shifts as a loud clang sound fills the air, capturing the attention of everyone present. Amongst the occupants of the ward, Maya's parents, Dhiraj, and an unfamiliar stranger quickly divert their gaze towards the source of the sound. Their eyes land on Maya, who has just awakened and is extending her hand towards the bedside table. It becomes evident that her reaching out caused the water bottle to slip from its place and crash onto the ground, creating the startling noise.

Maya, with her wide-eyed expression resembling a deer caught in the headlights, finds herself feeling rather uneasy under the sudden attention directed at her. In an attempt to break the silence, she manages to utter a soft, almost hesitant, greeting, "Hey everyone...."