Chapter 23: Lonely

Mirio

"Heyyyy Tama!!" I exclaimed, beaming brightly through the FaceTime camera. I was calling Tamaki during lunch. A few of my friends gathered around to say hi, it was almost like he was the star of all the rumors going around.

We were finally accepted, especially in school. It seemed normal so far.

At least what I could tell, they all seemed so supportive of us.

"Hey Mirio," Tamaki yawned and laid on his bed, holding the camera up so I could see his ceiling.

"Tammaaa!!!" I sighed and waved at the camera, trying to get his attention. "Don't be so camera shy! Let me see your cute face!"

"Mm.." He muttered, as I could hear him kick his legs. "No..Mm..just woke up. No looking.."

The other students chuckled, watching the camera shake slightly. He got really quiet and I couldn't help but adore his mannerisms today.

"Awe..he's adorable!"

"Awkward much, haha!"

"Such a cutie-"

I sighed and smiled softly. "What if..it's just me? Will you be comfortable?"

He got quiet for a moment, before making a little thumbs up with his hand at the camera. "Mhm.."

I took a deep breath before standing up. "Guys! Give us space, yeah? We're having a moment, think what you want but we need a second-"

"Dang-"

"You're for real???"

"Hurry up, we wanna see too!"

"Alright, alright! Few minutes, tops!" I called, standing up before heading out of the cafeteria.

I opened the two front doors and shut them, turning the corner.

Finally, peace and quiet.

"Tama, we're alone now~" I teased.

"Nuhuh.."

"Yuhuh! Get your pretty face on the screen! Or I'll..hang up!"

"W-What?!"

"Mhm..C'mon, I don't care if you're a mess, I'll still love you." I say softly.

Tamaki finally turned the camera around. He..looked the same.

What was the-

Ah-

His is face was bright red, along with his ears. His hair wasn't made up and neat as I usually saw it, it looked like a mini bird nest.

He looked away, and slowly, the camera moved back up the ceiling again.

After the three days facetiming the ceiling, I finally got to see him.

And it was enough..

I didn't laugh.

I was just so relieved to be seeing him. His facial expressions, his demeanor, his fidgets and anxiety that I was used to.