| 2 | Gentle Angel

The limousine comes to a stop and I look at you for a reaction. You seem annoyed by that reflex and roll your eyes, as you get out of the car. I move over to get out on the same side as you, but you slam the door shut in my face loudly. I pull my ankles away from the door in shock. You don't just seem displeased marrying me. It's almost as if you hate me. I eventually grab the door handle with both hands myself to get out of the vehicle. You've already started walking towards the house. My eyes widen at the sight of a big lake house with more spruce trees than I can count. I can't believe this will be my home. It feels so cold and isolated and I get the impression you won't help fix that. I grab the sides of my dress to lift it up to free me of the devices crushing my feet. "Wait!" I yell after you and to my surprise you take the time to turn around. I run towards the house with my heels in one hand my dress in my other to catch up with you.

I breath in the atmosphere when I've finally managed to reach you. "I feel like it's going to snow!" I tell you almost beaming with excitement. That seems your cue to turn away from me and get inside. You leave me speechless at your silent treatment. I wonder if everyone acts like this. Maybe the books I had read were all the same fairy tale as my childhood dream of a wedding. I lift my dress to not stumble over the steps to the front porch with my shoes in hand.

Inside it's warm and I am instantly stunned at how many rooms there are in our house. I can't believe how many things I'll be able to do beside reading. I want to check out what's beyond the living room, but you grab my wrist and lead me upstairs. I watch you silently with a confused expression. I can't figure out what you'll do next, since you never talk. You seem to know the house better than I do, when you turn a few corners and lead me into a dim lit room. I walk inside to see a spacious bed with parquet and a soft carpet on the floor. I figure you're signaling I'm supposed to sleep?

I turn around and see you suddenly taking off your tie, after your jacket already hit the wooden floor. My heart suddenly sinks. What is this supposed to mean? You open your shirt's buttons and walk towards me, keeping eye contact. I step back, sensing danger, but you pin me against the wall. Now that my heels are off our height difference is even more apparent, making it difficult to look at you without leaning my head back. One of your big hands grab my chin and you lean down to sniff my neck. You finally say your first words since the wedding.

"you smell disgusting"

I reach again for the eye contact we had lost to examine your face for an explanation. You wouldn't just say that to your lover would you? "You didn't think I'd actually have sex with you, right?" you continue, as you seem to laugh in my face, making me feel pathetic for even considering the possibility. "Where are the curves?" Your gaze slides down my body, creating a burning lingering sensation on the places you seek. "Your body is anything but attractive" My confusion turns into sadness. Why did those words suddenly hurt to hear from someone else?

I blink a few times to clear my vision of the tall alpha in front of me. You take a step back and continue to insult me "Omegas always weep and cry at the slightest provocation with their weak and pathetic bodies" My eyes follow you when you leave the room, after saying "I hate people like you" I slide down the wall to ball in on myself. I almost feel stupid for believing you'd be different than the others. Instead you seem to use the exact words I've heard my whole life.

I stare at my slightly dirty feet from running outside and rest my chin on my knees. This isn't what I imagined my wedding night to be like. I figure it's only normal. I never seem to have any luck, so I might as well just be happy that I was allowed outside my room. My eyes drift and I suddenly feel tired. I try to sleep in the spacious bed in my wedding gown, but it gets in the way. So eventually I just take it off and sleep in my underwear, having a hunch you wouldn't come sleep here anyway. My eyes feel heavy, as I can hear you talk to someone on the phone in the room next door. This was my first day doing more than lay around and read, so I was exhausted and quickly found sleep.