you're easy to love

(2711 words)

hiya!

just wanted to preface this section with a few things:

firstly, i handed in my dissertation !! i still have two other modules and a whole lotta work to do but i'm hoping i'll have freed up a little more time to write now.

secondly, bit of a nag - i write fanfiction for free in my spare time. i'm a uni student with lots of other aspects of my life taking priority over wattpad. i loooove writing but i'm not always going to get it factually accurate. i've noticed an uptake in people commenting on my previous books correcting me over little details that aren't true to life. it's really disappointing because i just want you all to enjoy the storyline and yet sometimes the only time a person comments is to tell me i've written something wrong. i'm not a writer (i'm actually getting a degree in fine art), i just do this for fun. so please bear in mind that it's not always going to be perfect, and please don't feel the need to remind me in the comments.

thank you to those of you that continue to tell me how much you're enjoying the book. i read all the comments and it really genuinely means a lot.

anyway - i hope y'all enjoy the chapter. much love x

—————————

As you and Emily stood on either sides of your single beds unpacking your go bags, you kept looking towards her.

'Are you gonna hurry up and tell me why your eyes are burning a hole into my head, Y/n?' Emily suddenly asked, looking up at you through her eyebrows.

'Sorry, I...' you corrected yourself.

'Well... spit it out.' She insisted.

'I'm not unlucky.' You said, the words sounding stupid now that you'd said them out loud.

'What?' Emily remarked.

'To have got you as a roommate.' You clarified.

Emily scoffed as she continued to unpack her bag. 'Right.'

'I mean it.' You said. 'You're were harsh on yourself back there.'

'Oh yeah, cause Tara and JJ would have jumped at the opportunity if you hadn't.' Emily remarked.

'In all fairness, they probably didn't feel like they were welcome to.' You reminded her.

Emily stopped for a second, before straightening her body back up from the bed.

'You're talking about JJ?' She asked.

'So you do know you completely blew her off earlier?' You checked. 'That wasn't an accident?'

'Oh, it's not like that Y/n.' Emily replied dismissively.

'Then what is it like, Chief?' You asked. 'Cause I feel like I'm trying to fight your corner out there to them whilst you're doing everything in your power to prove me wrong.'

'Nobody asked you to stick up for me.' Emily argued.

'I want to!' You told her.

'I don't need them to like me, okay?' Emily replied, walking round her bed and standing between yours and hers.

'But you also shouldn't want them to hate you either!' You remarked, to which Emily suddenly found herself lost for words.

You looked at her as she picked at her nails and knew you were hitting a nerve. You walked around your bed and met her between the two, sitting down on yours as she looked at you.