if things were different*

don't hate me for the 1 day late update 🫣 had a crazy week !

also had a few comments asking me to update more than once a week. i've said it before, i can't manage more than once a week. i love that you're enjoying the story enough to want more but i would really appreciate it people could stop asking 🫶🏻

thank u, enjoy the chapter
lee x

(2160 words)

——————

The minute your lips touched, you felt a weight leave your shoulders.

Emily's hand rose up to cup your cheek in hers as your lips unlatched and you paused with your foreheads touching.

'I wish things were different.' Emily exhaled.

You pulled your head away from hers to look at her.

'Let's pretend... just for now... that they are.' You told her.

'Yeah?' Emily checked, as you nodded in response.

Emily pulled away from you, walking around the bed and tearing a hole in the plastic wrapping.

'Can you give me a hand?' She asked.

You walked to the other side of the bed, helping her tear the wrapping from the mattress. As you collected the wrapping in a pile, Emily walked around the room, tearing the plastic from the dressing table and the wardrobes.

You followed her, bundling the wrapping up and tossing it out into the hallway. When you turned back to the room, Emily was pulling a brand new duvet and pillows from the wardrobe.

Tossing sheets and pillow covers onto the bed, you both set to work making it, eyeing each other as you did.

Once the bed was made, Emily kicked her shoes off and climbed onto it, lying flat on her back. You flicked the main light off to turn the lamp beside the bed on, the room filling with a dim, warm light.

Afterwards, Emily brought her hand next to her and tapped the bed for you to join her. You kicked your shoes off and landed beside her as she pulled you into her chest.

You both fell silent for a while, watching the light from the street lamps filter in through the window and light the walls up with window-shaped patterns.

It seemed so quiet outside, like the whole city had stopped just for you.

'I could get used to this.' You said, Emily's arm wrapped around you like a blanket, her thumb sweeping gently across your shoulder.

You lifted your head to look at her and felt yourself sink under her brown eyes. You brought your hand up to her face and swept her hair behind her ear, right as you leant into her for a kiss.

Your lips praised each other's softly, everything else in the room fading until it was just you two.

Emily swept her tongue softly across your bottom lip before you parted them, your tongues brushing one another's in your mouth.

You moaned softly into the kiss, pushing your body up by your arm and swinging your leg over Emily's body. You landed on top of her, leaning down to rejoin the kiss.

Your lips clashed together more purposefully this time as you pressed your hand flat against the pillow beside her head. Emily ran her fingers through your hair, her other hand rested on the small of your back.

You brought one of your hands down to her chest, sliding your fingers softly down from between her collarbones to the part where her shirt met. You slowly worked at the buttons until you met the top of her trousers beneath your torso.