5

'And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way
But what can I say?
You're gorgeous'

"I'm so glad we're hanging out, I think we both need this after everything. I'll admit it, this year's been rough. Usually I just pretend like nothing hurts me, but we've gone through it. And it's not even close to being over yet," I said to Hermione.

Currently we were on the way to Hogsmeade. We were informed of the Yule Ball and had been planning to go shopping for weeks.

"I know, Rory. We've been friends for too long, I know you like Ron knows food," Hermione joked, both of us chuckling.

"Speaking of Ron...." I started, poking her with a smirk.

"Not this again," She rolled her eyes.

"Mione, you seriously need to!" I giggled, shoving her slightly.

"Never in a million years," She huffed.

"But why not??" I droned out, pulling on her arm.

"Because, you know Ron. He'd never agree to that," Hermione said sadly.

"Hermione, you're being crazy. You're usually right on everything. But this? Absolutely not. Ron is head over heels for you. He looks at you like you're the only girl in the world. Go for it and ask him," I finished as we walked up to the front of the dress shop, made just for any kind of Hogwarts ball.

"Oh hush up, we're here," She hissed as I held open the door for her, "Thank you."

"Of course, 'Mione," I smiled.

The store was lined with dresses all over, and plenty of dresses floating and getting sewed by magic.

We walked up to the front counter, the lady came over. We had booked an appointment and were required to check in. Honestly I don't even know how the wizarding world gets by without Muggle telephones, I'm not even going to question how she made this appointment without one.

"Hello there, have you made an appointment?" The lady asked sweetly. She had caramel dark skin and the most beautiful hair I'd ever seen. She looked to be around 65.

"Yes we did. For Granger and Potter," Hermione spoke.

The lady nodded her head, eyes widening a little when she heard my name. She said nothing though.

"Alright ladies, come on and I'll show you around and you pick out some options," the lady said, motioning us to follow her.

We looked around at all the options, Hermione had a pinkish purple dress and another blue dress as her options.

For me, I had a bright blue dress. I didn't really think it was the one for me though.

"Wait... Ms. Potter, correct? I think I have just the one for you, dear," The lady smiled with a twinkle in her eye, motioning me to come along with her. I gave Hermione a look and followed the lady, Hermione following behind me.

She stopped, drawing her wand. She preformed a spell without an incantation, assuming it was accio, because the most beautiful black dress flowed out from a room in the back.

"I just have this feeling," the lady winked, handing the gown to me.

"Thank you ma'am," I smiled back, admiring the wonderful dress. It had layers and rhinestones and a slit for the leg. It had off the shoulder sleeves too! It just felt like the one.

Hermione and I were sent into separate changing rooms to see how the dresses looked. I was going to try the blue one on first and so was she.

"Mione, are you done?" I asked, holding together the ribbon in the back that I couldn't tie up.