Chapter 2- The Orphanage

We arrived at the orphanage. It was a huge, five story castle. We went into the headmistress's office. At the desk was a middle-aged woman, with her hair tied in a bun. She had light brown eyes and wore a baby blue blouse. "Hello, William," she said. "How may I help you?"

"Hello," said Mr. William. "This is Artemis. Her stepmother and stepsister just passed. Can I register her for her stay?"

"Of course! Artemis, I'm so sorry to hear about this. My name is Mrs. Viotto, and I'm the headmistress of this orphanage and school." She had Mr. William sign some papers. "Alright, you're all set. Let me show you around." She showed me the first floor, which had the cafeteria, auditorium, and a few classrooms. Half of the second floor were classrooms, while the other half had study rooms, lounges, and a huge library. Floors three and four were all dorms. Floor five had the sports basketball, baseball, soccer, baseball, swimming, and volleyball.

After the tour, Mrs. Viotto showed me my room. Since I was the 67th orphan, I didn't have a roommate yet. My dorm was a two-person dorm. It had two beds and a couch, two closets and dressers, two desks and chairs, two bookshelves, a bedside with a clock, a TV to go with the sofa, and a huge bathroom next door that the girl dorm shared with the boys. The bathroom had two showers (one for the boys, one for the girls), 2 bathtubs, 4 sinks, and 2 large towel racks.

"You should get some sleep," Mrs. Viotto said. I agreed, and she left the room. I grabbed the stuffed bunny Mom had given to me. I curled up on the bed and pulled the blanket over me.

The next day I woke up. I decided to unpack, since breakfast was going to be served soon. Breakfast was usually served around 8:05 on Sundays, so I thought it was a good idea. I glanced at the clock. It was 7:28, so I started to unpack. I arranged my clothes neatly in my closet. I put my hair stuff on one of the dressers, my art supplies and notebooks in my desk, and my lock box that I had packed with my special memories in one of the drawers of the dressers. I looked at the clock. It was 7:57, so I thought it would be a good idea to go downstairs and make sure I got a table. I walked past the hallway and found the dining room. The chefs were heating up the food, so I decided to wait at Table 8. I looked around the room. I saw small groups of students sitting at tables. I just sat there feeling like I don't belong. I mean, I really have no family. All of the kids in the dining room were talking to each other, but I was sitting at Table 8 all alone.

Thankfully, my loneliness went away after someone sat down at my table.