KitZimmerman

Hello readers and writers! 

I would like to introduce my very first partner in this book reviews! Down below are some questions, information, and anything really that you may want/need to know about Kit. Be sure to take a peek because this includes what they will and won't review, expectations, experience etc. I'm so very excited to be working with them, I hope you all enjoy the addition to the team! Welcome them with a follow (: 

Best wishes,

Lilith (a.k.a DW_Slayer_)

How many books/novels do you have published (if any)?

I've published two books (one short story collection here on Wattpad and a self-published print novel). I'm currently working on two short story collections and three novels in addition to standalone short stories and flash fiction.

Are you okay critiquing others when needed?

Comfortably. Helping writers by way of critique is what I do for a living.

Can you share a small bio of yourself so I can share with our writers trusting you with their work? (Such as preferred genres, how long you've been writing/reading, what you look for in novels etc)

I'm a lifelong, avid reader with a passion for stories. I've been writing off and on for the past eighteen years, both professionally and as a hobby. I've worked in social media marketing, a K-12 reading and writing tutor, and currently on staff as a writing tutor for a college. During my work and education in English and Creative Writing (with a focus in fiction), I've found myself leading and developing writing tip seminars and participating in creative writing workshops.

My preferred genres are fantasy, sci-fi, and Gothic horror, though I do enjoy contemporary fiction from time to time. I'm willing to review poetry but know it's not my area of study.

I can approach feedback, critiques, and reviews from a multitude of angles, but what I find most exciting is evaluating narrative structure, theme, and characterization (especially through dialogue). I only really appreciate a trope when my expectations for it are subverted. To paraphrase Brandon Sanderson: promise me a car but surprise me with an airplane.

Why Am I Doing This?:

Reading—truly reading—is an act of empathy. If I've discovered anything, it's that great advice comes from unexpected places, and often within spheres where writers support one another. We can all be in this together, or we can isolate and potentially drive ourselves insane trying to decide what to write and how to write it. Sometimes all we need is another perspective or a reminder that we are the final authority on our works. In short, I'm here to support, connect, and learn with and from others who share the same love for this wonderful art that unites us!

What I Won't Review/Do:

I won't review fanfics, erotica, AI-generated content, or the works of authors under 18-years-old. No exceptions.

I prefer to review stories of reasonable length that have endings. If yours is ongoing or what I consider too long for me to give my time and attention to, I'm less likely to accept it.

I won't accept works with poor grammar and rarely allow for exceptions.

I will not vote trade or dole out votes I don't feel genuine about.

What I Expect:

Compliance with Wattpad Content Guidelines and Terms of Service.

Equivocally or equivalently, harassment won't be tolerated.

It's my hope you'll read my work—that's all! It's not perfect or any sort of industry standard, but it's mine. My writing isn't for everyone, but I enjoy telling stories, and some I've written may be for you. (Disclaimer: My stories are for mature audiences only.)

Writers must be open to feedback and critique without retaliation. I will be honest, sensitive, and conscientious with my feedback, critiques, and reviews, but keep in mind I provide just that—not praise or validation.

What You Can Expect:

Lilith runs this project. That should speak for itself.

Circumstances will dictate whether or not you hear from me directly.

I retain the right to refuse a project.

I ask for patience. I work seven days a week and am a university student—to name just a couple of my numerous obligations. Currently, you can expect a two week or longer turnaround depending on the required level of involvement and my workload.

You can expect at least one professional-grade insight on writing, and likely more than one thing to ignore completely. We're all perfectly imperfect, and most of my thoughts are wholly subjective. I firmly believe writers have the final say on their work and their voice, though never without consequence.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this!

Best,

Kit