part 3.

━━━━━━━━━━

we drink the poison

our minds pour

for us

and wonder

why we feel so sick

atticus

━━━━━━━━━━

𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 1.
Loss of the 61

part 3.
"I feel like shit. Been dragged around like a mascot and I'm surprised no one asked me to do magic tricks, like the one they could see in circuses."

━━━━━━━━━━

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙬

Look, I was a pretty confident guy, who liked to talk to people, get to know them, and joke around, I really did. But after fucking hours of being dragged around like a shitty mascot, telling the same shitty lies to the crazy, rich investors and smiling like I was a teenage girl in love, I was fucking done with everyone and everything.

I felt like the hundreds of cameras that were on me, picked up every movement that I had made or zoomed in so much that everyone could take a good fucking look at my pores. My hand literally felt disgusting I shook hands with so many people, and I even fucking pretended to kiss the ladies' hands. Who the fuck kiss hands at this age? Who the fuck holds a fucking ball "in memory of the 61"? They fucking died, they didn't need an event, a sure as hell they didn't need money.

After hitting the two-hour mark of this fucking misery, I decided I could not stand this any longer. The problem was, I couldn't bail because I was ranked number 1 and everyone was so interested. So the solution was easy. After taking some pills that Brink gave me, making sure I wouldn't float anyone out of the glass roof, I sneaked a bottle of vodka into the restroom with me. I chugged it down in a record time and when I appeared again to keep sucking up to the fucking guests, I picked up some champagne they were passing around.

A couple of hours later - maybe, I tried not to look at the time often - the people finally started to leave. I, in my tipsy state, which I frequently tried to keep at a level, finally parted from my parents and professors and went to find anyone who wouldn't annoy the fuck out of me. I opened some buttons on my shirt, tilting my head from one side to the other because I felt so stiff, trying to maintain a perfect posture all the time while I was 'presenting'. A few minutes later, I finally saw Jordan and Luke, who were sitting at a table toward the back of the whole place, almost like they were trying to hide.