{9} Watermelon Sugar High

Simon's sitting on the sand, legs pulled up to his chest just watching him. He's the most beautiful person that he's ever seen. Harry exists and his heart beats that little bit faster.

And then he laughs that loud obnoxious laugh that makes his heart swell and butterflies fly in his stomach. And the smile on his face is enough to make his heart ache because they're just so imperfect. And for a minute he questions how he ever fell for her.

He thinks of his blue eyes that he could swim in for days, his loud laughter that's always filled with love and just him in general. He's everything Simon's not yet there he is, blue eyes shining in the setting sun.

Suddenly he feels someone sit down beside him.

"You ok?" Harry questions holding Simon's hand in his, the ghost of his laugh from whatever dumb joke Ethan told him still etched on his face.

"Tell me you love me" Simon says, Harry turns to face him, a lazy grin on his face

"I love you," he whispers softly just for the two of them to hear.

"Do you mean it?" Simon mummers, voice soft and dripping with love

"Always and forever," and he kisses him, hands cupping his face and Harry tastes just like watermelon and strawberries. Like every summer night that they've spent together. Simon's high off of the taste and doesn't think he'll ever come back down

Simon knows he's grinning like crazy when they finally pull apart but then again, so is Harry.

"Can I tell you something?" He asks. Simon nods his head, still smiling with that dazed look on his face, kissing him will never get old

"Race you to the cake," he whispers before taking off in a sprint towards the small table full of food. Harry can hear him shouting his name as what he said settles in

"You absolute prick!" Simon shouts running after him but the smile on his face is worth the world to see.

"I can't believe I fell for that!" He huffs playfully hitting him breathing in the scent of strawberries that's still lingering around him.

Harry grins all proudly at him before leaning in to kiss him again. Simon's on a high of his taste again, from warm summer days and the ocean. He breathes it in, wants this moment to be etched in his memory forever.

"I love you." Simon says softly.

Harry smiles gently and kisses his forehead. "I love you even more you sap."

"That's impossible," Simon whispers, the summer air is flying slowly past them but all he can focus on is him.

Harry shakes his head with a laugh before pulling him in again. And just like that Simon's lost in him again. Tastes both of them until he's high on watermelon sugar again.

And he prays to every god that's out there, that he'll never have to go without.

A wee surprise for some lovely souls xx